NV leaders tackle COVID-19, other health concerns
Governor Carlos M. Padilla presided over the joint meeting between the Provincial Task Group on COVID-19 (PTGC) and Provincial Health Board (PHB) held on July 29, 2022 at the Conference Hall, Main Executive Bldg., Provincial Capitol.
Assisting Governor Padilla was Dr. Edwin B. Galapon, PIHO Chief, and PTGC Chairperson.
The two (2) special bodies discussed the following issues and concerns as well as solutions to identified problems:
1. Provincial data updates on COVID-19 and Dengue;
2. COVID-19 vaccination rollout updates;
3. Presidential directives on health for the 1st 100 days of the present leadership;
4. Policy guidelines on the resumption of “face-to-face” classes in schools;
5. Resolution adopting the health promotion framework strategy 2030 in the Nueva Vizcaya healthcare system;
6. Executive Order creating a Health Promotion Unit under the Provincial Integrated Health Office (PIHO) of the Provincial Government of Nueva Vizcaya (PGNV) for the governance and implementation of health promotion policies, programs, and activities in the province;
7. Executive Order establishing Public Health Units in all hospitals managed and operated by the PGNV; and
8 Other DILG and DOH updates.
The morning’s activity culminated with a simple belated celebration of the 65th birthday, July 28, of Dr. Galapon.