Previous
Next

Town History

The town of Bagabag was founded on October 7, 1741, by Padre Antonio del Campo, a Spanish friar at sitio “Nagcumventuan”, a place now located between Pogonsino, Bagabag and Bangar, Solano. The present name of the sitio bears proof to the fact that the Spanish priest constructed a church in the original town site. 

 The first priests were Padre Luis Sierra who came in 1743, and Padre Alejandro Vidal, who was the Vicar Provincial. They organized the town in 1754. Due to the continuous erosion and flooding caused by the Magat River and for its increasing population and growth, Padre Vidal transferred the town site to “Nassa” (a place between Barangays Lantap and Santa Lucia) then transferred again to its present site where numerous buri palms were then growing. It was from this buri palm plant the name of Bagabag originated, the same being called by the natives as “bagbag”. 

 No account could be given on the date the present town of Bagabag was founded as the records were destroyed during World War II.

Barangays
  • Tuao South
  • San Pedro
  • San Geronimo
  • Villa Coloma
  • Bakir
  • Murong
  • Paniki
  • Kirang
  • Sta. Lucia
  • San Geronimo
  • Baretbet
  • Villaros
  • Pagonsino
  • Nangalisan
  • Tuao North
  • Sta. Cruz
  • Careb
  • Villa Quirino
  • San Geronimo
  • Lantap
  • Tuao South
Municipal Officials

HON. JOHNNY M. SEVILLENA
Municipal Mayor

HON. BENIGNO CALAUAD
Municipal Vice Mayor

HON. ELY DELA CUEVA
Sangguniang Bayan Member

HON. MARIO AFALLA
Sangguniang Bayan Member

HON. DODI INALDO
Sangguniang Bayan Member

HON. LEODIVICO JALLORINA
Sangguniang Bayan Member

HON. BYRON C. SEVILLENA
Sangguniang Bayan Member

HON. EDDIE A. LAYA
Sangguniang Bayan Member

HON. MARNILO G. CARBONEL
Sangguniang Bayan Member

HON. MELCHOR DUMANGENG
Sangguniang Bayan Member

ARTA

Covid19 Updates

MONITORING UPDATE | November 22, 2020

0
Confirmed
0
Recovered
0
New
0
Deaths
0
Active