GCMP facilitates PPOC-PADAC-PTFELCAC Q1 meeting
Governor Carlos M. Padilla presided over, alongside Vice Governor Jose V. Gambito, Provincial Administrator Maybelle Dumlao Sevillena, and Provincial Director Maria Louisa M. Urmatam of the DILG-Nueva Vizcaya Office, the joint meeting of the Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC), Provincial Anti-Drug Abuse Council (PADAC), and Provincial Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (PTFELCAC), held on March 22, 2023 at the Ammungan Hall, Provincial Capitol.
The topics covered by resource persons from the three convening councils and discussed by the participants were as follows:
* Insurgency situation, by: Col. Eugene M. Mata, INF (MNSA); and Maj. Judy M. Valera, (INF) PA
* Peace and Order situation, by: PLtCol. Ferdinand E. Laudencia, Nueva Vizcaya Police Provincial Office; and SFO1 Dominic B. Ponhagban, Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Fire Protection Office
* Anti-illegal drug situation, by: IA IV Jojo C. Gayuma
* 2022 ADAC Awarding and BIDA Program, by: LGOO V Nesta Gianni A. Camua-Ty
* Special Committee created to study the case of the Intake Weir of the Casecnan Multi-Purpose Irrigation and Power Project (CMIPP) in barangay Pelaway, Alfonso Castañeda, by: LGOO II Carla T. Dacanay
* Accomplishments of ELCAC Clusters, by: LGOO II Carla T. Dacanay
Also tackled was the resolution issued by the Sangguniang Bayan of Solano last March 6 urging the temporary closure of the Solano-Bayombong Bypass Road. It was reported that remedial measures were already undertaken, pending the implementation of long-term solutions.
Moreover, the tri-council passed a resolution recognizing and commending the local governments of the province that were among the 2022 National and Regional Anti-drug Abuse Council Performance Awardees, along with the local offices of the PNP and PDEA for their outstanding efforts in the implementation of ADAC-related activities extended to the province.
Highlighting the day’s meeting was the announcement of PD Urmatam confirming the recent appointment of Gov Padilla as the new Chairperson of the Peace and Order Council of Region 02. She added that the swearing into office of the new set of leaders of the Peace and Order Councils across the country by no less than President Ferdinand R. Marcos, Jr. will be held on March 27, 2023 at the Manila Hotel.