- PNC-TWG attends training on new evaluation too
- DA conducts pre-test on agri market information
- PDC holds first meeting for 2019
- Pag-IBIG Fund reminds employers to avail of Penalty Condonation Programs as deadline nears
- Pag-IBIG Fund releases highest-ever P47B in multi-purpose loans in 2018; 2.3M members assisted, up 11%
PRRD signs expanded maternity leave into law
Malacañang announced recently that President Rodrigo R. Duterte has been signed the measure granting additional leave benefits for working mothers in both public and private sectors.
Now known as R.A. 11210 also known as the “105-Day Expanded Maternity Leave Law”. The former 60-Day maternity leave is now extended to 105 days maternity leave with full pay regardless of civil status and an option to extend the leave for another 30 days without pay.
For solo parents, they will be granted additional 15 days maternity leave with full pay provided that they are qualified as solo parents under Republic Act No. 8972 or the Solo Parents Act.
The law also includes a provision allowing the allocation of seven paternity leave to fathers, raising the paternity leave to 14 days from the current seven days.
The Expanded Maternity Leave bill passed Congress in October 2018 and was transmitted to the Palace on Jan. 21, 2019. #mccd