- PNC-TWG attends training on new evaluation too
- DA conducts pre-test on agri market information
- PDC holds first meeting for 2019
- Pag-IBIG Fund reminds employers to avail of Penalty Condonation Programs as deadline nears
- Pag-IBIG Fund releases highest-ever P47B in multi-purpose loans in 2018; 2.3M members assisted, up 11%
DPWH allocates 10.8M for bypass road project
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), through Secretary Mark Villar, had allocated 10.8 Million Pesos in the 2019 National Budget for the conduct of a feasibility study for the construction of the Bayombong-Quezon-Bagabag bypass road project.
The Sangguniang Panlalawigan (SP) highly appreciated the immediate action of the DPWH Secretary as the SP received recently the letter from Secretary Villar dated January 3 in response to the request of the Sanggunian to consider the proposed multi-year project of the DPWH Office in Bayombong and scheduling the construction of 31.127 km ecotourism route.
The bypass road would be the only route in the province that can be used going in and out of Cagayan Valley just in case the prime bridges, particularly Batu Ferry and San Lorenzo bridges, would be unpassable.
“This initial move from the national government opens the possibility that the bypass road project will push-through,” Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima Jr. said.
The route was identified by farmers-stakeholders as a development opportunity as it traverses marginalized vegetable lands. #bg