- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
“I started to lose hope in winning the Saniata crown as it was unfortunate for me not to receive any minor award. But when my name was called in the Top 5, I was already contented and thankful of what I have been through in the pageant,” Femush Lyssa Bia Maynes said.
Femush, an 18-year-old Solanoan, won the Saniata Crown on May 22 during the Grand Ammungan Festival 2018. She will be representing the province in the Miss Millennial search of a noontime show in a national TV, that promotes the tourism sector of the different provinces.
“I was gushed with overwhelming mix of euphoria and astonishment,” she said.
A high school graduate at Muir Woods Academy Inc. (formerly Nueva Vizcaya Bright Child School Inc.) in Bayombong, Femush will be studying Fine Arts at the University of the Philippines – Baguio Campus. Her dad is an OFW in Saudi Arabia and her mom works at the Department of Agrarian Reform. She has a younger sister, a senior high at St. Mary’s University.
Before Femush was born, it has been a dream of her parents to have a child that will be famous. They thought of naming their first born child “Femush.” Now that their dream is being realized, they hope that their daughter would put another mark for Nueva Vizcaya in the Philippine map.
“I was in the Task Force on Youth Development in Barangay Osmeña of Solano before joining the Saniata search. I consider it as a ‘stepping stool’ for me not just to inspire other people but also to have a bigger voice that I can use to speak for the people who can’t speak for themselves,” Femush said.
Femush is preparing to delve into new heights of adventure and experience the diverse culture of Nueva Vizcaya as well as other equally unique cultures. She plans to promote the origin of the province as she sees it as one way to nurture and preserve Nueva Vizcaya’s treasure and can be an eye opener to other people how beautiful, magnificent and worth visiting our province is.
As she will be competing in the Miss Millennial later on, Femush is so thrilled to meet different beauty queens from the different parts of the country and so excited to share our culture in the national television.
“To my fellow Vizcayanos, don’t be afraid to challenge yourselves through getting out from your comfort zones because it is one way of bringing out the best in you. Thank you so much for the support you showed me all throughout the competition and I promise to make you all proud,” Femush said. #bg