- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
After declaring the month of May as Farmers and Fisherfolk month, the “Search for Outstanding Farmers and Fisherfolk” was launched on May 25 at the Nueva Vizcaya Convention Center, choosing the bests in the categories of rice, corn, vegetable in the upland and lowland, fishpond operator, small and large animal producers, and fruit trees grower.
The provincial government conducted the search to recognize the efforts and sacrifices of the farmers who are considered as among the largest sectoral group in the province laboring ceaselessly to produce crops, fish, livestock, poultry and other agriculture related products, that provide food for everybody and contribute significantly to the farmer’s income and to the local economy as well.
The outstanding winners in every category received P10,000 each. Villaverde farmers Hilario Lorenzana was outstanding rice farmer, Rowell Dacanay was outstanding fruit tree grower, outstanding lowland vegetable farmer was Janet Arboleda , and outstanding large animal producer was Nestor Samandre.
Outstanding fishpond operator was Joaquin Estigo of Quezon town, while Aberlardo Dupingay of Kayapa was outstanding vegetable farmer in the upland.
Solanoans Gregorio Guillermo Jr. was outstanding corn farmer, and Michael Galasinao was outstanding small animal producer.
The provincial government, through the Provincial Agricultural Office, also awarded farm machineries to 18 farmers and irrigators associations in the province during the program. The funds for the procurement of the farm machineries came from the awards received by the province in the Rice Achievers Award. #bg