- Kalinga’s NCCA Dangal ng Haraya Awardee
- Wow TRIBU ARITAU Hataw!
- Barangay officials take oath with CMP
- FAST FACTS ABOUT THE AMBAGUIO ROAD PROJECT:
- PLGU to accept work immersion of senior high
- Meeting with Bus Liners, LTFRB, Gov’t. Agencies, PIA and HPG
- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
Province evaluated for national award
Experiencing the bad roads of Barangay Dulli in Ambaguio, the Nutrition Evaluation Team (NET) from the National Nutrition Council (NNC) proved how nutrition is important in the program plans and implementations of the local government units.
Headed by Maria Bernardita T. Flores, Assistant Secretary of Health and Executive Director of NNC, the NET had to walk a few kilometers to reach the barangay hall of Dulli as the road going to the barangay was not passable even to 4×4 vehicles. After giving-up walking, the team was forced to ride on motorbikes which regularly ply the route.
The NET was in the province from May 7 – 11 to monitor and evaluate the province’s implementation of nutrition programs, as the province is a candidate for the National Honor Award (the highest award given in nutrition). The sample municipalities visited and some of its barangays were Solano, Ambaguio and Aritao.
The evaluators appreciated the dynamic and strong leadership and support from the provincial, municipal and barangay levels; the focus on rural development to address the causes of malnutrition; active participation of people’s organization in the programs of nutrition; the dedication and hard work of the Barangay Nutrition Scholars; and the sustained projects and innovations that improve governance and competitiveness.
“My team had a hard time describing the people of Nueva Vizcaya. But I can say that Vizcayanos are hardy and resilient, especially those in the remote areas,” ASec. Flores said.
“The provincial government is focusing on the rural development of the province which leads to the development of our number one resources, the people. With all our agricultural activities, we could give proper nutrition to our families and the community that makes them strong and alert,” Governor Carlos M. Padilla said.
If the province will meet the 98% grade, the province will be the only PLGU to receive the National Honor Award on July 31 at the PICC or Malacañang Palace. #bg