- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
Regional nutrition team visits province
The National Nutrition Council (NNC) – Region 02, headed by NNC Regional Coordinator Ma. Gisella Lonzaga, conducted evaluation of Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) and monitoring of selected Municipalities in the province on April 2-5.
The regional team gave advise and recommendations to BNS and MNCs in preparation for the national evaluation set on the second week of May, as the province is aspiring to get the highest award in nutrition, the National Honor Award if the 3rd year CROWN Maintenance Award will be attained.
The monitoring and evaluation of MNCs, BNCs and BNS conducted by the PNC-TWG recently had fair results. However, one minus factor seen by the regional evaluators is the average of overweight and obese schoolchildren in the province. Although the 2.97% in 2017 is a decreasing percentage from 2015, the province’s average is still above the national average of 1.78%.
One strength of the province is the functionality of the Provincial Nutrition Council (PNC). The PNC conducts meetings regularly presided by Governor Carlos M. Padilla. Resource generation is also seen as an advantage as well as the BNS provincial federation’s livelihood projects.
The evaluators appreciated the municipal canteen managed by the BNS Municipal Federation of Santa Fe. Nutrition projects in Santa Fe are also maintained and the LGU also hired 4Ps and families with underweights as workers in its livelihood projects.
The BNS of Barangay Salvacion in Bayombong, Josephine Degamo, is a candidate for the best BNS in the regional level. She is appreciated for having a well-kept office and intact documents. Degamo also involves herself in the provincial and municipal nutrition programs, especially in the livelihood projects of the BNS provincial federation. #bg