- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
PWD opens bakery
The Kapisanan ng mga may Kapansanan ng Nueva Vizcaya Inc. celebrated the blessing and inauguration of “Bakery sa Park” located at the “Kainan sa Park” in the Capitol on April 12.
The bakery is managed by the PWDs and part of its livelihood projects supported by the Provincial Government, headed Governor Carlos M. Padilla, and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) – Region 02.
The Governor had expressed his appreciation to the continued support given by the DOLE to the province that will enhance the livelihood of the PWDs.
“This is just a small bakery but I believe that this could be developed and can become a medium-scale enterprise if you work together and manage your livelihood well. Your place here is advantageous to you because it is given for free. Some people who are capable of starting a business would still need to rent for a space. I want you to be self-reliant and in spite of your disabilities, you can prove to others that you can stand and be like them or may even work better than them,” Padilla said to the PWDs.
DOLE granted the PWDs around P700,000 for the equipment and construction of the bakery. #bg