- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
PWD opens bakery
The Kapisanan ng mga may Kapansanan ng Nueva Vizcaya Inc. celebrated the blessing and inauguration of “Bakery sa Park” located at the “Kainan sa Park” in the Capitol on April 12.
The bakery is managed by the PWDs and part of its livelihood projects supported by the Provincial Government, headed Governor Carlos M. Padilla, and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) – Region 02.
The Governor had expressed his appreciation to the continued support given by the DOLE to the province that will enhance the livelihood of the PWDs.
“This is just a small bakery but I believe that this could be developed and can become a medium-scale enterprise if you work together and manage your livelihood well. Your place here is advantageous to you because it is given for free. Some people who are capable of starting a business would still need to rent for a space. I want you to be self-reliant and in spite of your disabilities, you can prove to others that you can stand and be like them or may even work better than them,” Padilla said to the PWDs.
DOLE granted the PWDs around P700,000 for the equipment and construction of the bakery. #bg