- Kalinga’s NCCA Dangal ng Haraya Awardee
- Wow TRIBU ARITAU Hataw!
- Barangay officials take oath with CMP
- FAST FACTS ABOUT THE AMBAGUIO ROAD PROJECT:
- PLGU to accept work immersion of senior high
- Meeting with Bus Liners, LTFRB, Gov’t. Agencies, PIA and HPG
- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
The Sangguniang Panlalawigan recently passed an Ordinance, in cognizance to Presidential Proclamation No. 33 of 1989, declaring the Month of May as “Farmers and Fisherfolk Month” and to be celebrated annually.
During the celebration, the “Search for Outstanding Farmers and Fisherfolk” will be launched in the 15 Municipalities, choosing the bests in the categories of; rice, corn, vegetable, fishpond operator, livestock producer, and fruit trees grower.
The farmers’ month shall start on the first day of May and be celebrated at the municipal level for the whole week. A grand celebration will be held after the culmination of the Grand Ammungan Festival where municipal outstanding farmer winners will compete for the Provincial Outstanding Farmers. However, the provincial search committee, in coordination with the municipal search committee, can include other categories not mentioned.
Nueva Vizcaya is basically an agricultural province and more than 60% of the population depend on farming as its source of livelihood.
The farmers are considered as among the largest sectoral group in the province who labor ceaselessly to produce crops, fish, livestock, poultry and other agriculture related products that provide food for everybody and contribute significantly to the farmer’s income and to the local economy as well. #bg