- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
The Sangguniang Panlalawigan recently passed an Ordinance, in cognizance to Presidential Proclamation No. 33 of 1989, declaring the Month of May as “Farmers and Fisherfolk Month” and to be celebrated annually.
During the celebration, the “Search for Outstanding Farmers and Fisherfolk” will be launched in the 15 Municipalities, choosing the bests in the categories of; rice, corn, vegetable, fishpond operator, livestock producer, and fruit trees grower.
The farmers’ month shall start on the first day of May and be celebrated at the municipal level for the whole week. A grand celebration will be held after the culmination of the Grand Ammungan Festival where municipal outstanding farmer winners will compete for the Provincial Outstanding Farmers. However, the provincial search committee, in coordination with the municipal search committee, can include other categories not mentioned.
Nueva Vizcaya is basically an agricultural province and more than 60% of the population depend on farming as its source of livelihood.
The farmers are considered as among the largest sectoral group in the province who labor ceaselessly to produce crops, fish, livestock, poultry and other agriculture related products that provide food for everybody and contribute significantly to the farmer’s income and to the local economy as well. #bg