- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
N. Vizcaya bags 2nd year CROWN award
The province received P200,000.00 and a Recognition of Merit for its 2nd Year CROWN Maintenance Award; through Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima Jr., Provincial Administrator Maybelle Dumlao-Sevillena and former governor Ruth R. Padilla, on December 12 at the PICC Reception Hall in Pasay City.
The CROWN Award is a program of the National Nutrition Council (NNC) giving recognition to Local Government Units for being a consistent regional outstanding winner in nutrition programs.
Represented by the former governor, Governor Carlos M. Padilla’s response was: “We mobilized families with malnourished children and encouraged their active involvement and participation in various activities and made them our champions of economically stable, healthy, environmentally aware and ‘green-minded’ families in the province.”
“Our total family approach and convergence strategy of attacking malnutrition is not merely confined to the malnourished children but it has been made comprehensive and integrated in providing the needs of other family members such as livelihood assistance projects for the parents, school allowance for children in college, medical and dental check-ups, zumba exercises, nego-cart projects for a PWD family member, and many more.”
“Under my watch, the Provincial Nutrition Council (PNC) did not rest on its laurels but continued to trail-blaze innovative strategies bringing and cascading more services to the grassroots level in close coordination with the local chief executives and nutrition action officers.”
As Padilla took the helm of the provincial government last year, his administration immediately reviewed the provincial nutrition programs with the end in view of integrating the goals set forth by the NNC taking into consideration the province’s capability and resources.
Padilla also thanked his immediate predecessor for helping the PNC in having an organized and systematic implementation of nutrition programs provincewide.
“See you next year as we will work harder for the people of Nueva Vizcaya and win the most coveted National Honor Award,” the former governor added. #bg