- Kalinga’s NCCA Dangal ng Haraya Awardee
- Wow TRIBU ARITAU Hataw!
- Barangay officials take oath with CMP
- FAST FACTS ABOUT THE AMBAGUIO ROAD PROJECT:
- PLGU to accept work immersion of senior high
- Meeting with Bus Liners, LTFRB, Gov’t. Agencies, PIA and HPG
- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
Province is Red Orchid Hall of Famer
The Province marked another milestone on June 23 as it received the Hall of Fame Award in the Department of Health (DOH) Red Orchid Awards, together with the Province of Misamis Occidental, during the DOH Bayani ng Kalusugan Awarding Ceremony at the Manila Hotel, Manila.
Governor Ruth R. Padilla, together with Provincial Health Officer Dr. Edwin Galapon and Provincial Tobacco Control Coordinator Josephine Susan Basilio, received the award from President Benigno Aquino III and Janette Garin, the Secretary of Health. Representatives from the municipalities of Ambaguio and Kasibu also received this year’s Hall of Fame Award in the city and municipal category. In Region 02, only the municipalities of Ambaguio and Kasibu received such award this year.
Red Orchid Awards is the search for the 100% smoke-free provinces, municipalities, cities, government offices, DOH regional offices and hospitals that meet quality standards of tobacco prevention and control based on the strategy and guidelines set by the World Health Organization (WHO) Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC).
Local Government Units (LGU) that had won the Red Orchid were given 100,000 peso worth of drugs and medicines as incentives for implementing 100% smoke-free environment.
LGU Hall of Famers will also receive a cash grant amounting to 500,000 Pesos to be utilized in their anti-smoking campaigns, only after submitting a project proposal based on FCTC subject for the approval of the Red Orchid Committee.
The Provincial Health Office is processing the request to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan for the endorsement of its proposed project on tobacco control.
On the other hand, Dupax District Hospital and Kasibu Municipal Hospital are also candidates for the Red Orchid Hall of Fame Award which will be announced sometime this year. #bg