- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
- Peoples Council created for effective and efficient governance
- Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
Women’s club celebrates achievement day
The Rural Improvement Club (RIC) of Nueva Vizcaya celebrated “Achievement Day” on October 27 at the People’s Stage, Capitol together with the 4-H Club of the province aiming to empower rural women in sustainable agriculture.
Although most of the PLGU officials were not able to grace the programme, since it coincided with the PLGU Medical Mission at Ganao, Dupax del Sur, RIC women filled the day with songs and dances and were able to sell their livelihood products. Prizes were also given through raffle draws.
Food processing, crafting and sewing, fruits and vegetables farming are some of the livelihood activities of the RIC women. Bagabag RIC won the Best Table Bazaar.
Board Member Elma Lejao said, “It is nice to see rural women actively involved with RIC. In spite of what you have done in your localities, we hope that you can still contribute more and improve your livelihood.”
Shiela Ocumen of Villaverde was crowned “Ginang RIC 2017.” However, Junia Dinangwayan of Tiblac, Ambaguio is the “Ginang RIC Region 02” and will represent the region in the RIC National Convention at Puerto Princesa, Palawan next month.
RIC is being supported by the Provincial Agricultural Office. Barangay Kagawad Christie Sampaga of Bonfal Proper, Bayombong is the RIC Provincial President. #bg