- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
Youth Summit held
The Department of Health (DOH) Region 02, in coordination with the Provincial Integrated Health Office (PIHO) and the Provincial Population Office, conducted the 1st Provincial Youth Summit on October 11-13 at the Highlander Hotel in Solano.
The summit focuses on the adolescent health and development with a theme “ Kabataan: SIKAT (Sama-Sama Iwas Karahasan at Tukso)” and was attended by a hundred of student leaders from different public high schools in the province. The summit serves as a venue to bring together adolescent and youth representatives in order to provide health messages and information that can help them overcome challenges in their life that may result to risky behaviors. The student leaders will be the arm of the local government unit and the school to influence the other youths.
Issues on STIs, HIV, AIDS, teenage pregnancy, bullying, effects on use/abuse of illicit drugs, facts and consequences of smoking, and dynamics of present generation were discussed among the students.
Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima Jr., the guest speaker during the opening program, challenged the students not to create problems, but must know how to solve problems while still young. “You must be responsible and prepare yourselves, through education, to be called hope of the nation,” Galima said.
DOH officials facilitated the summit along with Assistant PIHO Dr. Josephine Bumidang, Population Office staff headed by Elvira Tongson, and Angelyn M. Cajucom of PIHO being the Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Development Coordinator. #bg