- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Youth Summit held
The Department of Health (DOH) Region 02, in coordination with the Provincial Integrated Health Office (PIHO) and the Provincial Population Office, conducted the 1st Provincial Youth Summit on October 11-13 at the Highlander Hotel in Solano.
The summit focuses on the adolescent health and development with a theme “ Kabataan: SIKAT (Sama-Sama Iwas Karahasan at Tukso)” and was attended by a hundred of student leaders from different public high schools in the province. The summit serves as a venue to bring together adolescent and youth representatives in order to provide health messages and information that can help them overcome challenges in their life that may result to risky behaviors. The student leaders will be the arm of the local government unit and the school to influence the other youths.
Issues on STIs, HIV, AIDS, teenage pregnancy, bullying, effects on use/abuse of illicit drugs, facts and consequences of smoking, and dynamics of present generation were discussed among the students.
Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima Jr., the guest speaker during the opening program, challenged the students not to create problems, but must know how to solve problems while still young. “You must be responsible and prepare yourselves, through education, to be called hope of the nation,” Galima said.
DOH officials facilitated the summit along with Assistant PIHO Dr. Josephine Bumidang, Population Office staff headed by Elvira Tongson, and Angelyn M. Cajucom of PIHO being the Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Development Coordinator. #bg