- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Youth Summit held
The Department of Health (DOH) Region 02, in coordination with the Provincial Integrated Health Office (PIHO) and the Provincial Population Office, conducted the 1st Provincial Youth Summit on October 11-13 at the Highlander Hotel in Solano.
The summit focuses on the adolescent health and development with a theme “ Kabataan: SIKAT (Sama-Sama Iwas Karahasan at Tukso)” and was attended by a hundred of student leaders from different public high schools in the province. The summit serves as a venue to bring together adolescent and youth representatives in order to provide health messages and information that can help them overcome challenges in their life that may result to risky behaviors. The student leaders will be the arm of the local government unit and the school to influence the other youths.
Issues on STIs, HIV, AIDS, teenage pregnancy, bullying, effects on use/abuse of illicit drugs, facts and consequences of smoking, and dynamics of present generation were discussed among the students.
Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima Jr., the guest speaker during the opening program, challenged the students not to create problems, but must know how to solve problems while still young. “You must be responsible and prepare yourselves, through education, to be called hope of the nation,” Galima said.
DOH officials facilitated the summit along with Assistant PIHO Dr. Josephine Bumidang, Population Office staff headed by Elvira Tongson, and Angelyn M. Cajucom of PIHO being the Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Development Coordinator. #bg