- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
Student leader training conducted
The Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), in cooperation with the Department of Education – Division of Nueva Vizcaya (DepEd-NV) conducted the first leadership training among student leaders to almost 60 public and private high schools in the province last September 22 at the Nueva Vizcaya Pasalubong Center.
“The said activity aims to further hone the leadership skills and personal character of student leaders from public and private secondary schools,” said Geepee Kelsey E. Vidad, Planning Officer on Youth Programs, DepEd-NV.
“This activity is a way to not only prepare but nurture our future leaders,” said Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima Jr. as he stated in his message to the students.
The said training was conducted through various games and activities headed by Provincial Accountant Santiago D. Soliven and OIC – Provincial Administrator Jovito O. Celestino.
Topics included personality development to help the students to inculcate positive qualities of being a leader, affirmation that focuses on how the students adapt to information or experiences that are threatening to their self-concept, decision making to enhance critical thinking skills, importance of communication and handling leadership challenges.
The said activity is also in preparation with the Children’s Month celebration on November where in various activities are being prepared as early as September. #krizel