- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Student leader training conducted
The Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO), in cooperation with the Department of Education – Division of Nueva Vizcaya (DepEd-NV) conducted the first leadership training among student leaders to almost 60 public and private high schools in the province last September 22 at the Nueva Vizcaya Pasalubong Center.
“The said activity aims to further hone the leadership skills and personal character of student leaders from public and private secondary schools,” said Geepee Kelsey E. Vidad, Planning Officer on Youth Programs, DepEd-NV.
“This activity is a way to not only prepare but nurture our future leaders,” said Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima Jr. as he stated in his message to the students.
The said training was conducted through various games and activities headed by Provincial Accountant Santiago D. Soliven and OIC – Provincial Administrator Jovito O. Celestino.
Topics included personality development to help the students to inculcate positive qualities of being a leader, affirmation that focuses on how the students adapt to information or experiences that are threatening to their self-concept, decision making to enhance critical thinking skills, importance of communication and handling leadership challenges.
The said activity is also in preparation with the Children’s Month celebration on November where in various activities are being prepared as early as September. #krizel