- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Election of young officials conducted
Some 16 student leaders were selected, through election, from about 60 public and private high schools in the province to act as young counterpart of the present elected officials of the province.
The selection of young officials is an annual activity of the Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office (PSWDO) during the Children’s Month celebration that aims to provide an exposure to students on the management and operations of the Provincial Government.
Out of 13 private schools that participated, 5 schools made it to the list, namely Saint Mary’s University, Aldersgate College, King’s College of the Philippines, Nueva Vizcaya Bright Child School, Inc. and PLT College.
According to Flordelina C. Granada, the number of participants from the private schools is overwhelming because in the last two years that the activity has been implemented, the number of participants from the private schools was quite low.
Out of 44 public schools that participated, 11 schools made it to the list of high ranking officials that include the Governor and Vice Governor.
“It is also interesting to note that some of these public schools who always participate were from remote towns and barangays,” added Granada.
Elected young officials were as follows:
YOUNG GOVERNOR : Reymart Domingo (Tuao High School)
YOUNG VICE GOVERNOR: Reilexies Milo (Lamo National High School)
SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN SECRETARY: Jomariz Tomas (Alfonso Castaneda National High School)
PROVINCIAL ADMINISTRATOR: Samira Blando (Saint Mary’s University)
12 BOARD MEMBERS OF THE SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN:
1. Tristan Mendoza (Solano High School)
2. Henry Polahon, Jr. (Kakiduguen National High School)
3. Jenny Rose Carpio (Kong Kong Valley National High School)
4. Ryan Ruiz (Aldersgate College)
5. Lyca Sibal (Bonfal National High School)
6. Javi Hannah Jewel Del Campo (Aritao National High School)
7. Angelica Octobre (King’s College of the Philippines)
8. Joriz Reyes (Nueva Vizcaya Bright Child School, Inc.)
9. April Joy Caluning (Bambang National High School)
10. Jophet Dela Cerna (Bintawan National High School)
11. Cherryleze Cutillon (Bagabag National High School)
12. Ace Dela Cruz (PLT College)
Young official counterpart of the 12 Board Members will be identified on October 16 after a meeting with the organizers of the PSWDO headed by Granada.#krizel