- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Nutrition action plan workshop held
The Provincial Nutrition Council conducted the Municipal Nutrition Action Plan (MNAP) Workshop on September 18-20 at the Crown Legacy Hotel in Baguio City for the 2018-2022 Municipal Nutrition Action Plan.
Municipal Nutrition Action Officers and Technical Working Groups attended the said workshop and midyear review of nutrition activities of the different municipalities. The workshop output would be the MNAP 2018-2022 for each Local Nutrition Committee for approval and integration to the new Philippine Plan of Action.
Dr. Edwin B. Galapon, Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, said, “you are good in implementing programs but lack planning, that is why we are doing this training for us to formulate better and enhance our MNAPs.”
The workshop covered the situational analysis of the municipalities, setting of the outcome and output objectives, formulating the operational plan and annual investment plan, the monitoring and evaluation plan, and re-entry planning.
The OIC Nutrition Program Coordinator of National Nutrition Council (NNC) Region 02, Maria Gisela M. Lonzaga, hopes that the MNAOs would have a new perspective on the nutrition programs after the workshop. Lonzaga also announced that the NNC has allocated refresher training for the Barangay Nutrition Scholars of the province.
Luzviminda Ragpa, Provincial Nutrition Officer, said that the workshop is timely because the monitoring and evaluation next year would be critical once the province will pass the second year maintenance of the CROWN Award. The province’s fate will be announced this November.
A week earlier at the same venue, 6 participants from the province attended the Training of Trainers on Nutrition Program Management. Some other participants also attended the Training on Barangay Nutrition Scholar Supervision on August 21-25 in Santiago City. Both trainings were sponsored by NNC-R02. #bg