- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
PLGU prepares for IP month
Indigenous Peoples Consultant of the Provincial Government of Nueva Vizcaya Ruth R. Padilla conducted a meeting with the IP council to prepare for the annual IP Month celebration last September 7 at the Nueva Vizcaya Pasalubong Center.
The IP month celebration is part of the program of governance, PRAYERS N’ FAITH, which started during the administration of former Governor Ruth R. Padilla and is continuously being implemented by Governor Carlos M. Padilla.
This year’s celebration will be a two-day full of poetic debates, songs and dances that depict rituals and ceremonies from various tribes.
Initially, there are five Indigenous Peoples (IP) groups that will participate which include Ifugao, Igorot, Bugkalot, Isinai and Gaddang but other IP groups are also encouraged to participate.
IP groups that underwent the IP Summer Workshop shall perform whatever will be assigned to the group.
According to the Chairperson and Consultant on IP Affairs Ruth R. Padilla, presentations should be specified per IP group to avoid repetition and give the audience the idea of a proper way to do a particular dance or song, which is the objective of the said IP Summer Workshop.
The celebration will be on November 9 to 10 at the Bagabag facility or formerly the IPED Center.