- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
SC closes EO 03 petition
The Supreme Court Third Division denied with finality on July 17 the petition filed by Leinilyn Gascon and others, against former Governor Ruth R. Padilla, as no substantial arguments were raised to warrant the motion.
The petition was filed assailing the Court of Appeals decision to recall and nullify the appointments issued by Padilla’s predecessor, former Governor Luisa Lloren Cuaresma.
Padilla issued Executive Order No. 03 in 2013 nullifying said appointments as it were made in the absence of Personnel Selection and Promotion Board and on prohibition of midnight appointments.
Also, the petitioners’ motion to refer the case to the En Banc with motion to hold in abeyance for security is denied for lack of merit, as the En Banc is not an appellate court to which decisions or resolutions may be appealed.
The Supreme Court also stated that no further pleadings, motions, letters or other communications shall be entertained in this case. #bg