- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search fro Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
The Provincial Government, through the Nutrition Division of the Office of the Governor, collaborates with SN Aboitiz Power-Magat, Inc. for the livelihood and training of the Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) Team in the fifteen municipalities of the province.
SN Aboitiz will be giving P600,000.00 for the livelihood projects of the 15 municipal federations after a refresher training for the enhancement of IYCF Team been conducted. The IYCF Team; which is composed mostly of Barangay Nutrition Scholars, Health Workers, midwives and mother leaders; is set to start the training on October and November at the Nueva Vizcaya State University, Bayombong.
The PLGU, headed by Governor Carlos M. Padilla, will give P100,000.00 for the organizational management structure development of the IYCF Team, and P300,000.00 for training and capacity building from the Department of Health-Center for Health Development.
The project aims to enhance capability in terms of knowledge, awareness, technical and management skills of target implementers, clienteles, and other volunteers on health and nutrition. This will provide greater access to alternative choices in decision making to improve practices on healthy lifestyle, utilization of functional foods available in the community, as well as fortification of foods to be used in supplementary and complimentary feeding programs of target groups.
It is noted that there is a significant improvement in the nutritional status of preschool and school children through the combined efforts of the government agencies and private organizations. The numerous awards (Green Banner and CROWN) accorded to the province and several municipalities are indicators of good collaboration to support the program.
The Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) however, is wary of the fact that some parts of the province, is still in dearth need of support from LGUs health and nutrition services. These are the deprived areas such as the municipalities of Ambaguio, Kasibu, Kayapa, Alfonso Castañeda, Dupax del Norte and Dupax del Sur. #bg