- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Out of six competing countries, Charrise Jane N. Gasmin from Barangay Aggub, Solano won two gold medals in the recently concluded 2017 Anyang World Taekwondo Hanmadang held in Anyang City, South Korea last July 25 to August 1.
The World Taekwondo Hanmadang is a festival for all practitioners and their families to participate and share the internal values of Taekwondo. It is an event for the harmony and exchange among practitioners and their families transcending race, religion, ideology and border.
Gasmin, as part of the National Team of the Philippine Taekwondo Association, won in two of the categories in the competition which include the Taekwondo Aerobic Senior I II and in the Team Competition Junior I II Senior I II.
In recognition of her victory, Governor Carlos M. Padilla awarded yesterday (September 4) a cash incentive in line with the implementation of the Ordinance No. 2007-046, as amended, during the administration of former Governor Ruth R. Padilla, also known as the Sports Achiever Incentive ordinance.
Gasmin is a 22 year old scholar and a graduating student at Far Eastern University (FEU) taking up Bachelor of Science in Education major in Sports Recreational Management. She first started training in Taekwondo in 2008 and participated in various local and national sports activities. She won two gold medals in the Cagayan Valley Regional Athletics Association (CAVRAA) in 2011 and a bronze medal during the Palarong Pambansa in 2012.
“If it is your passion, don’t be afraid to fail. If you fail, try again,” said Gasmin during her interview as she recounts the challenges she encountered before she won in the said competition.#krizel