- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Out of six competing countries, Charrise Jane N. Gasmin from Barangay Aggub, Solano won two gold medals in the recently concluded 2017 Anyang World Taekwondo Hanmadang held in Anyang City, South Korea last July 25 to August 1.
The World Taekwondo Hanmadang is a festival for all practitioners and their families to participate and share the internal values of Taekwondo. It is an event for the harmony and exchange among practitioners and their families transcending race, religion, ideology and border.
Gasmin, as part of the National Team of the Philippine Taekwondo Association, won in two of the categories in the competition which include the Taekwondo Aerobic Senior I II and in the Team Competition Junior I II Senior I II.
In recognition of her victory, Governor Carlos M. Padilla awarded yesterday (September 4) a cash incentive in line with the implementation of the Ordinance No. 2007-046, as amended, during the administration of former Governor Ruth R. Padilla, also known as the Sports Achiever Incentive ordinance.
Gasmin is a 22 year old scholar and a graduating student at Far Eastern University (FEU) taking up Bachelor of Science in Education major in Sports Recreational Management. She first started training in Taekwondo in 2008 and participated in various local and national sports activities. She won two gold medals in the Cagayan Valley Regional Athletics Association (CAVRAA) in 2011 and a bronze medal during the Palarong Pambansa in 2012.
“If it is your passion, don’t be afraid to fail. If you fail, try again,” said Gasmin during her interview as she recounts the challenges she encountered before she won in the said competition.#krizel