- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) along with the Municipal Health Officers (MHO) and Rural Health Unit (RHU) representatives of the province attended a workshop on the preparation of 2018 Annual Operational Plan for health and nutrition sponsored by the Provincial Integrated Health Office (PIHO) on August 15-17 at the Crown Legacy Hotel in Baguio City.
Before the PIHO started planning for 2018, updates on the health programs in the province were evaluated and the current realities in health were discussed. Dr. Edwin B. Galapon, Provincial Health Officer and Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, discussed on the guidelines in achieving desired family size through accelerated and sustained reduction in unmet need for modern family planning method.
The PNC-TWG, however, will adopt the programs specified by the National Nutrition Council such as the Philippines Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, National Dietary Supplementation Program, Nutrition Education for Behavior Change, Micronutrient Supplementation, Mandated Food Fortification and, Nutrition in Emergencies Program.
The PNC-TWG will sustain and intensify the Healthy Lifestyle Programs of the province like the zumba, “biggest loser,” incentive to centenarians, project hoolahoop, discounted blood chemistry, etc.
The PNC-TWG also set in the 3-year plan until 2019 to advocate environmental sanitation program for the implementation of solid-waste management and access to safe water supply.
The PNC-TWG proposes a project on the institutionalization of best practices and innovative programs of IYCF (infant and young child feeding) Team and livelihood projects of the Federation of Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) in the province.
The PNC-TWG is wary of the fact that some LGUs of the province still need the support of various agencies in health and nutrition services. This concerns not only the LGUs but other agencies and the academe with similar thrusts as well.
Generally, the project aims to enhance capability in terms of enhanced knowledge, awareness, technical and management skills of target implementers, clientele, and other volunteers on health and nutrition and provide greater access to alternative choices in decision making to improve practices on healthy lifestyle through physical fitness program, utilization of variety of functional food available in the community, as well as fortification of foods to be used for supplementary or complementary feeding program by target groups. #bg