- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) along with the Municipal Health Officers (MHO) and Rural Health Unit (RHU) representatives of the province attended a workshop on the preparation of 2018 Annual Operational Plan for health and nutrition sponsored by the Provincial Integrated Health Office (PIHO) on August 15-17 at the Crown Legacy Hotel in Baguio City.
Before the PIHO started planning for 2018, updates on the health programs in the province were evaluated and the current realities in health were discussed. Dr. Edwin B. Galapon, Provincial Health Officer and Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, discussed on the guidelines in achieving desired family size through accelerated and sustained reduction in unmet need for modern family planning method.
The PNC-TWG, however, will adopt the programs specified by the National Nutrition Council such as the Philippines Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, National Dietary Supplementation Program, Nutrition Education for Behavior Change, Micronutrient Supplementation, Mandated Food Fortification and, Nutrition in Emergencies Program.
The PNC-TWG will sustain and intensify the Healthy Lifestyle Programs of the province like the zumba, “biggest loser,” incentive to centenarians, project hoolahoop, discounted blood chemistry, etc.
The PNC-TWG also set in the 3-year plan until 2019 to advocate environmental sanitation program for the implementation of solid-waste management and access to safe water supply.
The PNC-TWG proposes a project on the institutionalization of best practices and innovative programs of IYCF (infant and young child feeding) Team and livelihood projects of the Federation of Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) in the province.
The PNC-TWG is wary of the fact that some LGUs of the province still need the support of various agencies in health and nutrition services. This concerns not only the LGUs but other agencies and the academe with similar thrusts as well.
Generally, the project aims to enhance capability in terms of enhanced knowledge, awareness, technical and management skills of target implementers, clientele, and other volunteers on health and nutrition and provide greater access to alternative choices in decision making to improve practices on healthy lifestyle through physical fitness program, utilization of variety of functional food available in the community, as well as fortification of foods to be used for supplementary or complementary feeding program by target groups. #bg