- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
More than 600 women participated in the first Provincial Women’s Congress with the theme “We make Change Work for Women” through the Provincial Government of Nueva Vizcaya and Nueva Vizcaya Abot-Palad Association, Inc. (ABOT-PALAD) under the leadership of former Governor Ruth R. Padilla.
“We are conducting this Congress to empower and protect women through educating them on their rights,” said former Governor Padilla during a meeting.
According to the statistics in the previous Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) meeting, the province of Nueva Vizcaya has the highest recorded cases of violence against women and their children in the region.
“The province may have the highest recorded cases of violence against women and children and it’s because our women are vigilant and are aware of their rights,” said Governor Carlos M. Padilla in his message.
Topics presented for the two-day activity includes the Magna Carta of Women, Violence against Women and their Children, Responsible Parenthood and Reproductive Health Law.
“If we make change for women, we are making a change for our country,” Governor Padilla added expressing his full support for the endeavor.
The Congress was divided into two groups, the first group participated by seven municipalities in North district held at the Department of Education (DepEd) Division Office Function Hall last June 30, while the second group participated by eight municipalities in the South district held at the Bambang Auditorium last July 1.
According to Maria Karen Tanjusay, Local Government Operations Officer IV, Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)-R02, the said congress was also the first Women’s Congress conducted in Region 2. #krizel