- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
NNC Region visits province
A team from the National Nutrition Council (NNC) Region 02, headed by OIC-Regional Coordinator Maria Gisela M. Lonzaga, visited the province on April 18-21 to give technical assistance to the Municipal Nutrition Committees (MNC) of Solano, Santa Fe, Kayapa and Bayombong together with selected barangays in preparation for the national evaluation in nutrition on the last week of May.
The province will be evaluated by the NNC for its second year maintenance of the CROWN Award or the consistent regional outstanding winner in nutrition. The NNC team will be picking through draw lots sample municipalities to be evaluated. However, “there is a possibility that the Governor could pick his choice municipality to be evaluated,” Lonzaga said.
The regional team monitored the nutrition program implementation of the province and sample municipalities, extended technical assistance, and evaluated the outstanding MNC and Outstanding Barangay Nutrition Scholar (BNS). The team also weighed at least 10% of the pre-school children of the sampled barangays of Santa Fe. Santa Fe has maintained 100% the normal weight of the children in Baracbac, Bacneng and Tactac.
Lonzaga commended the provincial government in giving priority to the nutrition programs with fully functional nutrition council, the good partnership of the executive and the legislative bodies which is evident in the numerous nutrition related ordinance and resolutions passed and the continued support from former Governor Ruth R. Padilla and now honorary chairman of the Provincial Nutrition Council.
The province has several activities implemented and innovations to ensure the health and nutritional well-being of the populace. “It is not about the award, but we are doing this to continue what we had done and what we could still do to improve the nutritional status of the children,” Padilla said.
“There is a strong cooperation and communication between the provincial government and the MNCs. It is also evident that non-government organizations, private sectors and the academe have active participation in the nutrition programs of the province,” Lonzaga added.
During the monitoring and evaluation, the regional team was assisted by PNC-TWG members Cristina Opeña of OPAg, Bergrio Lorenzo of PAIAD, and Provincial Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa. #bg