- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
NNC Region visits province
A team from the National Nutrition Council (NNC) Region 02, headed by OIC-Regional Coordinator Maria Gisela M. Lonzaga, visited the province on April 18-21 to give technical assistance to the Municipal Nutrition Committees (MNC) of Solano, Santa Fe, Kayapa and Bayombong together with selected barangays in preparation for the national evaluation in nutrition on the last week of May.
The province will be evaluated by the NNC for its second year maintenance of the CROWN Award or the consistent regional outstanding winner in nutrition. The NNC team will be picking through draw lots sample municipalities to be evaluated. However, “there is a possibility that the Governor could pick his choice municipality to be evaluated,” Lonzaga said.
The regional team monitored the nutrition program implementation of the province and sample municipalities, extended technical assistance, and evaluated the outstanding MNC and Outstanding Barangay Nutrition Scholar (BNS). The team also weighed at least 10% of the pre-school children of the sampled barangays of Santa Fe. Santa Fe has maintained 100% the normal weight of the children in Baracbac, Bacneng and Tactac.
Lonzaga commended the provincial government in giving priority to the nutrition programs with fully functional nutrition council, the good partnership of the executive and the legislative bodies which is evident in the numerous nutrition related ordinance and resolutions passed and the continued support from former Governor Ruth R. Padilla and now honorary chairman of the Provincial Nutrition Council.
The province has several activities implemented and innovations to ensure the health and nutritional well-being of the populace. “It is not about the award, but we are doing this to continue what we had done and what we could still do to improve the nutritional status of the children,” Padilla said.
“There is a strong cooperation and communication between the provincial government and the MNCs. It is also evident that non-government organizations, private sectors and the academe have active participation in the nutrition programs of the province,” Lonzaga added.
During the monitoring and evaluation, the regional team was assisted by PNC-TWG members Cristina Opeña of OPAg, Bergrio Lorenzo of PAIAD, and Provincial Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa. #bg