- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
- Bambang wins Miss CDW 2017
- 365: The Art of Being Alone by Jade Gacuan art exhibit
- PLGU NV wants public to appreciate province history and culture through photo contest
- Malacañang declared June 26 a holiday for Eid’l Fitr
- ARTC guesthouse opens to public
- PCAO grants aids to 20 individuals
- A better venue
- Awarding of financial assistance and material assistance to various barangays, schools and other org.
- Meet & Greet: Nueva Vizcaya’s candidate for Miss Tourism Philippines
- The Winners in the GAF17 activities
- Red Cross donates cereals and biscuits
- Province evaluated for second year Crown
- NGCP gives free school supplies for Vizcaya schoolers
- 4 Vizcayana centenarians up for P.1M aid
- Aritao wins 9th street dancing championship
Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
During a meeting at the Governor’s office yesterday (April 10), Governor Carlos M. Padilla requested the contractors, Philippine National Police (PNP), Land Transportation Office (LTO) and barangay officials to augment manpower to help in decongesting the traffic situation in some affected areas of the province particularly during the Holy Week.
One of the most traffic prone is the Magsaysay-Busilac road in Bayombong where a road construction is on-going causing dilemma among commuters especially during rush hours.
To address the worsening traffic problems, PSupt Efren T. Geraban of the Nueva Vizcaya Police Provincial Office (NVPPO), suggested extending the space and providing additional barricades at the construction site to queue vehicles. This was the scheme adapted during the construction of the Apad Bridge in Solano.
Governor Padilla agreed on the suggestion and added that another barricade should be positioned in the other side of the lane to prevent vehicles to counter flow which impede or slow down the flow of traffic. The said barricade will be manned by a team that will supervise the flow of traffic in the area.
“Kayo ang titingin ng mga sasakyang nagka-counterflow at dapat hindi sila pasingitin na lalong nagiging dahilan ng trapik,” said Padilla during the meeting.
Geraban also requested the contractors not to hire minor flagman workers and must provide them safety gears.
The LTO headed by Provincial Director Claro S. Labitoria also guaranteed assistance to apprehend violators and help in decongesting traffic.
According to OIC- Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Robert L. Corpuz, ambulance will also be positioned at the TAM-AN Banaue Resort and standby emergency personnel on the affected area to assist on medical emergencies.
In cases of emergencies and inquiries, hotlines were also provided to further mobilize communication.
BAYOMBONG POLICE OFFICE – (0916) 919 6455 or (0915) 311 6455
PDRRMO – (0917) 850 0670
LTO – (0917) 988 5853
Psupt Geraban – (0956) 491 5950