- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
Governor Carlos M. Padilla requested the contractors, Philippine National Police (PNP), Land Transportation Office (LTO) and barangay officials to augment manpower to help in decongesting the traffic situation in some affected areas of the province particularly during the Holy Week.
One of the most traffic prone is the Magsaysay-Busilac road in Bayombong where a road construction is on-going causing dilemma among commuters especially during rush hours.
To address the worsening traffic problems, PSupt Efren T. Geraban of the Nueva Vizcaya Police Provincial Office (NVPPO), suggested extending the space and providing additional barricades at the construction site to queue vehicles. This was the scheme adapted during the construction of the Apad Bridge in Solano.
Governor Padilla agreed on the suggestion and added that another barricade should be positioned in the other side of the lane to prevent vehicles to counter flow which impede or slow down the flow of traffic. The said barricade will be manned by a team that will supervise the flow of traffic in the area.
“Kayo ang titingin ng mga sasakyang nagka-counterflow at dapat hindi sila pasingitin na lalong nagiging dahilan ng trapik,” said Padilla during the meeting.
The LTO headed by Provincial Director Claro S. Labitoria also guaranteed assistance to apprehend violators and help in decongesting traffic. According to OIC-Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Robert L. Corpuz, ambulance will also be positioned at the TAM-AN Banaue Resort and standby emergency personnel on the affected area to assist on medical emergencies.
In cases of emergencies and inquiries, hotlines were also provided to further mobilize communication.
BAYOMBONG POLICE OFFICE – (0916) 919 6455 or (0915) 311 6455
PDRRMO – (0917) 850 0670
LTO – (0917) 988 5853
Psupt Geraban – (0956) 491 5950#
Info Credit: PAIAD- GO Beegee Lorenzo Jun Felipe Leo A. Garlitos Judith Fragata PLGU Nueva Vizcaya