- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Vizcaya’s teenage pregnancy still 3rd in the Region
In a report of the Commission on Population (PopCom) Region 2 Director Angelito S. Obcena last Tuesday (March 14) at Nueva Vizcaya Pasalubong Center in Bayombong, the province of Nueva Vizcaya according to their latest Young Adult and Sexuality (YAFS) survey and study is still on its position as third in the region with regards to teenage pregnancy.
Obcena said, “The data is based from collected information from municipal population officers who gathered data from rural health units in their respective areas and it can change because data from your private clinics and hospital are not yet included.”
From 2011 to 2016 survey, the number of teenage pregnancies in the province of Isabela has 24, 331 making them on top, followed by Cagayan with a total of 17, 461 and Nueva Vizcaya with a total of 6, 047.
In municipal level, the municipality of Bambang has the very alarming increase of teenage pregnancy because from 88 teenage pregnancy in the year 2015 only, it roses to 142. The same with the municipality of Aritao, Alfonso Castaǹeda, Dupax del Sur and Sta. Fe which also increased while other municipality decreased.
For the region, the municipality of Bayombong is number 10 and Solano is number 14 among the top 20 LGUs with high number of teenage pregnancy cases for 2011 to 2015.
There are also some consequences stated by Obcena with teenage pregnancy which are high risk in pregnancy, more likely not to pursue their studies, victims of domestic violence, give birth to low weight babies, and the worst is abortion and suicide.
The PopCom also reported some of their current and proposed interventions to address teenage pregnancy.
Provincial Population Officer Elvira Tongson, together with municipal population officers, provincial and municipal implementation teams, expressed their gratitude and appreciation to the PopCom Region 2 for conducting the meeting because they were able to gather and were also updated on various population-related information and to Governor Carlos M. Padilla for his pronouncement of support for the programs of PopCom to stop teenage pregnancy in the province. #mccd