- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
- Rare species found in Mt. Palali
- Governor lectures on Federalism
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Water over gold forum held
- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
In celebration of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) for its 50 years of existence, PIA Region 02 headed by Regional Director Purita S. Licas conducted yesterday (April 3) in the province the ASEAN Quiz Bee Nueva Vizcaya Leg at DepEd Division Office function room in Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya.
Twelve (12) of the brightest senior high school students from 4 schools in the province competed for the top spot and earn the right to represent the province for the regional level.
The competition compose of two rounds wherein from 12 contestants, only 6 will advance for the second round.
Nueva Vizcaya State University, represented by Michelle Aira Murayag was declared the champion with only 1 point separating her from the representative of Saint Louis School in Solano Ashley Curameng who was declared the 1st runner up.
Tied with 15 points a piece, Frances Ganit of Bonfal National High School got the better of Carah Gabieta of NVSU during the tie breaking question wrestling the 3rd spot.
The champion received P3,000.00, a certificate and a gold medal. The 1st runner up got P2,000.00, certificate and a silver medal and P1,000.00, certificate and a bronze medal for the 2nd runner up.
P500.00 and a certificate was also given to the other contestants as consolation prizes.
Leo A. Garlitos of Public Affairs and Information Assistance Division (PAIAD), Rachel Magday-Itchon of Governors Office and PIA Regional Director Purita S. Licas served as the board of judges.
Before the competition end, PIA announced that winners will have to wait for their further announcement whether it’s only the champion that will represent the province in the regional level or all of the three after the result of the ASEAN Quiz Bee in other provinces of the region. #mccd
(photo credit to Ben Moses Ebreo of PIA-NV)