- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
In celebration of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) for its 50 years of existence, PIA Region 02 headed by Regional Director Purita S. Licas conducted yesterday (April 3) in the province the ASEAN Quiz Bee Nueva Vizcaya Leg at DepEd Division Office function room in Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya.
Twelve (12) of the brightest senior high school students from 4 schools in the province competed for the top spot and earn the right to represent the province for the regional level.
The competition compose of two rounds wherein from 12 contestants, only 6 will advance for the second round.
Nueva Vizcaya State University, represented by Michelle Aira Murayag was declared the champion with only 1 point separating her from the representative of Saint Louis School in Solano Ashley Curameng who was declared the 1st runner up.
Tied with 15 points a piece, Frances Ganit of Bonfal National High School got the better of Carah Gabieta of NVSU during the tie breaking question wrestling the 3rd spot.
The champion received P3,000.00, a certificate and a gold medal. The 1st runner up got P2,000.00, certificate and a silver medal and P1,000.00, certificate and a bronze medal for the 2nd runner up.
P500.00 and a certificate was also given to the other contestants as consolation prizes.
Leo A. Garlitos of Public Affairs and Information Assistance Division (PAIAD), Rachel Magday-Itchon of Governors Office and PIA Regional Director Purita S. Licas served as the board of judges.
Before the competition end, PIA announced that winners will have to wait for their further announcement whether it’s only the champion that will represent the province in the regional level or all of the three after the result of the ASEAN Quiz Bee in other provinces of the region. #mccd
(photo credit to Ben Moses Ebreo of PIA-NV)