- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
- Bambang wins Miss CDW 2017
- 365: The Art of Being Alone by Jade Gacuan art exhibit
- PLGU NV wants public to appreciate province history and culture through photo contest
- Malacañang declared June 26 a holiday for Eid’l Fitr
- ARTC guesthouse opens to public
- PCAO grants aids to 20 individuals
- A better venue
- Awarding of financial assistance and material assistance to various barangays, schools and other org.
- Meet & Greet: Nueva Vizcaya’s candidate for Miss Tourism Philippines
- The Winners in the GAF17 activities
- Red Cross donates cereals and biscuits
- Province evaluated for second year Crown
- NGCP gives free school supplies for Vizcaya schoolers
- 4 Vizcayana centenarians up for P.1M aid
- Aritao wins 9th street dancing championship
Province prepares for regional and national evaluation
The province’s nutritional status and nutrition programs will be evaluated by the National Nutrition Council (NNC) Regional Level on April 17-21 and the National Level on May 29-June 2. The province awaits if it has maintained the CROWN Award for the second time.
The Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) recently concluded the provincial evaluation which started on January 16. All the 15 municipalities of the province were evaluated of their Municipal Nutrition Committees (MNC) along with 30 Barangay Nutrition Committees (BNC) and Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS). The PNC-TWG travelled mountainous, wet and rough roads just to reach far-flung barangays – Didipio, Kasibu; Balangabang, Kayapa; Malico, Santa Fe; and Biruk, Dupax del Sur to name a few.
The provincial evaluation team usually consisted of Provincial Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa, Cristina Opeña (evaluation team chairman) of OPAg, Milagros Sicat of PSWDO, Delia Agunoy of ENRO, Marjorie Barlolong of Budget Office, Bergrio Lorenzo of PAIAD, Cristie Sampaga of RIC, Elnora Dalloran of DENR, Blessila Ramos of NVSU, Marilou Roderos of DepEd, and staff from the Nutrition Office – Sharon Perez, Aurora Bella Bisquera and Elsie Ramirez.
As per records, all municipalities have improved their program efficiency in nutrition programs. The nutritional status of pre-schoolers and school children in the province also improved as to the assessment conducted based on the 3 assessment tools – weight for age, weight for height and, height/length for age. #bg