- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
PLGU awards P12.2 M funds for farmers
A total of P12.2 million was awarded to the Irrigators Association of Nueva Vizcaya headed by the Federation President, Bruno Gamponia, as a counterpart of the Provincial Local Government in the Balikatan Sagip Patubig Program (BSPP) of the National Irrigators Association (NIA).
According to NIA Provincial Director Francisco Domingsil, the BSPP’s total project amounts to P24.5 million where P12.3 million is NIA counterpart.
Four Communal Irrigation System (CIS) will be benefited by the projects. Caliat CIS and Nalubbunan CIS, both in the municipality of Quezon have a total project cost of about P6 million and a total of P15 million is alloted for the Silap CIS in Solano and about P3 million project cost for Barukaya CIS in Bambang.
The BSPP is a joint undertaking of the Department of Agriculture through NIA and Local Government Units which demands for financial effort from both agencies. It was launched in 1999 to assist LGUs to be financially and technically capable to implement construction and rehabilitation of communal irrigation systems.
“It is a gesture of the Provincial Government to all Vizcayano farmers to provide funds as a counterpart to further assist the agricultural sector,” said Domingsil. #krizel