- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
- Vizcaya’s teenage pregnancy still 3rd in the Region
- NVPPO all set for women’s month celebration
- Nueva Vizcaya marks highest rate of VAWC in Region 2
- PSWDO launches feeding program
- DOLE accepts applications for OFW livelihood assistance
- PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
- NVAT holds assembly and election
- El Salvador Votes for Water over Gold
- Presidente Sánchez Cerén agradece apoyo de Nueva Vizcaya en la lucha contra la minería metálica en El Salvador
- Gov. Padilla and Engr. Sabado presenting the Mining in Nueva Vizcaya during their visit at El Salvador
- La Asamblea Legislativa aprobó hoy con 69 votos el Decreto de Prohibición de Minería Metálica en El Salvador
- TARIPNONG: The regular press con of the provincial government is back
PLGU awards P12.2 M funds for farmers
A total of P12.2 million was awarded to the Irrigators Association of Nueva Vizcaya headed by the Federation President, Bruno Gamponia, as a counterpart of the Provincial Local Government in the Balikatan Sagip Patubig Program (BSPP) of the National Irrigators Association (NIA).
According to NIA Provincial Director Francisco Domingsil, the BSPP’s total project amounts to P24.5 million where P12.3 million is NIA counterpart.
Four Communal Irrigation System (CIS) will be benefited by the projects. Caliat CIS and Nalubbunan CIS, both in the municipality of Quezon have a total project cost of about P6 million and a total of P15 million is alloted for the Silap CIS in Solano and about P3 million project cost for Barukaya CIS in Bambang.
The BSPP is a joint undertaking of the Department of Agriculture through NIA and Local Government Units which demands for financial effort from both agencies. It was launched in 1999 to assist LGUs to be financially and technically capable to implement construction and rehabilitation of communal irrigation systems.
“It is a gesture of the Provincial Government to all Vizcayano farmers to provide funds as a counterpart to further assist the agricultural sector,” said Domingsil. #krizel