- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
- Peoples Council created for effective and efficient governance
- Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
PLGU awards P12.2 M funds for farmers
A total of P12.2 million was awarded to the Irrigators Association of Nueva Vizcaya headed by the Federation President, Bruno Gamponia, as a counterpart of the Provincial Local Government in the Balikatan Sagip Patubig Program (BSPP) of the National Irrigators Association (NIA).
According to NIA Provincial Director Francisco Domingsil, the BSPP’s total project amounts to P24.5 million where P12.3 million is NIA counterpart.
Four Communal Irrigation System (CIS) will be benefited by the projects. Caliat CIS and Nalubbunan CIS, both in the municipality of Quezon have a total project cost of about P6 million and a total of P15 million is alloted for the Silap CIS in Solano and about P3 million project cost for Barukaya CIS in Bambang.
The BSPP is a joint undertaking of the Department of Agriculture through NIA and Local Government Units which demands for financial effort from both agencies. It was launched in 1999 to assist LGUs to be financially and technically capable to implement construction and rehabilitation of communal irrigation systems.
“It is a gesture of the Provincial Government to all Vizcayano farmers to provide funds as a counterpart to further assist the agricultural sector,” said Domingsil. #krizel