- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
- Peoples Council created for effective and efficient governance
- Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
Cagayan Valley cop chief sets deadline on drive vs. illegal drugs
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya – Philippine National Police(PNP) regional director Police Chief Superintendent Eliseo Rasco yesterday ordered policemen here to step up their drive against the illegal drug trade and use in the province.
Rasco, who visited the province and made a courtesy call to Governor Carlos Padilla said the PNP still has a lot to do regarding the illegal drug problem in the region.
He said out of the 1,547 affected barangays of Cagayan Valley, only 488 villages have been cleared so far during the July-December 2016 period.
“This only recorded 31.5 percent clearance efficiency. We should double our efforts further regarding this campaign,” Rasco added.
He said policemen will have until the second week of April in clearing all barangays affected by the illegal drug trade.
“I am giving you this deadline and to be precise in your areas. Whatever and however it takes, you must clear 100 percent all affected barangays by then,” Rasco stressed.
Cagayan Valley has 2,311 barangays spread out in the provinces of Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Quirino and Nueva Vizcaya.#bme