- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Cagayan Valley cop chief sets deadline on drive vs. illegal drugs
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya – Philippine National Police(PNP) regional director Police Chief Superintendent Eliseo Rasco yesterday ordered policemen here to step up their drive against the illegal drug trade and use in the province.
Rasco, who visited the province and made a courtesy call to Governor Carlos Padilla said the PNP still has a lot to do regarding the illegal drug problem in the region.
He said out of the 1,547 affected barangays of Cagayan Valley, only 488 villages have been cleared so far during the July-December 2016 period.
“This only recorded 31.5 percent clearance efficiency. We should double our efforts further regarding this campaign,” Rasco added.
He said policemen will have until the second week of April in clearing all barangays affected by the illegal drug trade.
“I am giving you this deadline and to be precise in your areas. Whatever and however it takes, you must clear 100 percent all affected barangays by then,” Rasco stressed.
Cagayan Valley has 2,311 barangays spread out in the provinces of Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Quirino and Nueva Vizcaya.#bme