- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Cagayan Valley cop chief sets deadline on drive vs. illegal drugs
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya – Philippine National Police(PNP) regional director Police Chief Superintendent Eliseo Rasco yesterday ordered policemen here to step up their drive against the illegal drug trade and use in the province.
Rasco, who visited the province and made a courtesy call to Governor Carlos Padilla said the PNP still has a lot to do regarding the illegal drug problem in the region.
He said out of the 1,547 affected barangays of Cagayan Valley, only 488 villages have been cleared so far during the July-December 2016 period.
“This only recorded 31.5 percent clearance efficiency. We should double our efforts further regarding this campaign,” Rasco added.
He said policemen will have until the second week of April in clearing all barangays affected by the illegal drug trade.
“I am giving you this deadline and to be precise in your areas. Whatever and however it takes, you must clear 100 percent all affected barangays by then,” Rasco stressed.
Cagayan Valley has 2,311 barangays spread out in the provinces of Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Quirino and Nueva Vizcaya.#bme