- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
- Rare species found in Mt. Palali
- Governor lectures on Federalism
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Water over gold forum held
- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
Cagayan Valley cop chief sets deadline on drive vs. illegal drugs
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya – Philippine National Police(PNP) regional director Police Chief Superintendent Eliseo Rasco yesterday ordered policemen here to step up their drive against the illegal drug trade and use in the province.
Rasco, who visited the province and made a courtesy call to Governor Carlos Padilla said the PNP still has a lot to do regarding the illegal drug problem in the region.
He said out of the 1,547 affected barangays of Cagayan Valley, only 488 villages have been cleared so far during the July-December 2016 period.
“This only recorded 31.5 percent clearance efficiency. We should double our efforts further regarding this campaign,” Rasco added.
He said policemen will have until the second week of April in clearing all barangays affected by the illegal drug trade.
“I am giving you this deadline and to be precise in your areas. Whatever and however it takes, you must clear 100 percent all affected barangays by then,” Rasco stressed.
Cagayan Valley has 2,311 barangays spread out in the provinces of Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Quirino and Nueva Vizcaya.#bme