- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
Cagayan Valley cop chief sets deadline on drive vs. illegal drugs
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya – Philippine National Police(PNP) regional director Police Chief Superintendent Eliseo Rasco yesterday ordered policemen here to step up their drive against the illegal drug trade and use in the province.
Rasco, who visited the province and made a courtesy call to Governor Carlos Padilla said the PNP still has a lot to do regarding the illegal drug problem in the region.
He said out of the 1,547 affected barangays of Cagayan Valley, only 488 villages have been cleared so far during the July-December 2016 period.
“This only recorded 31.5 percent clearance efficiency. We should double our efforts further regarding this campaign,” Rasco added.
He said policemen will have until the second week of April in clearing all barangays affected by the illegal drug trade.
“I am giving you this deadline and to be precise in your areas. Whatever and however it takes, you must clear 100 percent all affected barangays by then,” Rasco stressed.
Cagayan Valley has 2,311 barangays spread out in the provinces of Batanes, Cagayan, Isabela, Quirino and Nueva Vizcaya.#bme