- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
- Vizcaya’s teenage pregnancy still 3rd in the Region
- NVPPO all set for women’s month celebration
- Nueva Vizcaya marks highest rate of VAWC in Region 2
- PSWDO launches feeding program
- DOLE accepts applications for OFW livelihood assistance
- PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
- NVAT holds assembly and election
- El Salvador Votes for Water over Gold
- Presidente Sánchez Cerén agradece apoyo de Nueva Vizcaya en la lucha contra la minería metálica en El Salvador
- Gov. Padilla and Engr. Sabado presenting the Mining in Nueva Vizcaya during their visit at El Salvador
- La Asamblea Legislativa aprobó hoy con 69 votos el Decreto de Prohibición de Minería Metálica en El Salvador
- TARIPNONG: The regular press con of the provincial government is back
Firecracker injuries in Nueva Vizcaya down by 50%
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya – The number of firecracker injuries in this province went down by 50 percent after the recent celebration of New Year.
Dr. Edwin Galapon, provincial health officer said they only recorded 8 firecracker injuries and victims who sought medical treatment at the Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Hospital(NVPH) in Bambang town and Veterans Regional Hospital(VRH) in Bayombong town.
“This downtrend on the number of firecracker injuries can be attributed to the intensified campaign against firecracker use and the support of our villagers to the program,” he said.
Galapon said they also recorded two victims of stray bullet who are now recuperating in various hospitals.
In 2015, the PHO recorded 15 firecracker injuries.#BenMosesEbreo/PIA 2-Nueva Vizcaya