- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
- Belgian delegation to forge energy project with Nueva Vizcaya
- N. Vizcaya bags 2nd year CROWN award
- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search for Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
Provincial Agriculture extends support to farmers
The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist (OPA) will distribute corn seeds to corn farmers in the province that are producing below four metric tons per hectare according to Provincial Agriculturist Alexander Domingo during an interview.
“Our P3 million prize being one of the Quality Corn Achievers Awardees will be used to purchase quality corn seeds and fertilizers to be distributed to corn farmers in support to the program of the present administration in sustaining agriculture and ensuring food security in the province,” said Domingo.
In pursuit of the national governments effort to support and strengthen the Philippine corn industry, the Department of Agriculture (DA) came up with the National Quality Corn Achievers Award (NQCAA) that aims to recognize the top performing Local Government Units (LGUs) in order to improve the welfare of farmers and corn producing provinces.
Out of the 15 municipalities, there were nine corn producing towns which include Villaverde, Bagabag, Diadi, Quezon, Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Kasibu and Dupax Del Norte. Villaverde and Bagabag that were awarded as Hall of Fame for Outstanding Corn Achievers in 2014 and 2016 respectively.
“We are doing these efforts to support our Vizcayano farmers and maintain the award as one of the provinces that produce quality corn in the country,” added Domingo.
Another plan of the OPA is the development of the provincial nursery to be a farm school which will be an informal learning site for farmers to learn new farming technologies and techniques and to ensure food security in the province.
According to Domingo, training of certified trainers for the program will start first quarter in 2017 which includes the OPA, TAM-AN Banaue Multi-Purpose Cooperative and Vizcaya Fresh. #krizel