- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
- Vizcaya’s teenage pregnancy still 3rd in the Region
- NVPPO all set for women’s month celebration
- Nueva Vizcaya marks highest rate of VAWC in Region 2
- PSWDO launches feeding program
- DOLE accepts applications for OFW livelihood assistance
- PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
- NVAT holds assembly and election
- El Salvador Votes for Water over Gold
- Presidente Sánchez Cerén agradece apoyo de Nueva Vizcaya en la lucha contra la minería metálica en El Salvador
- Gov. Padilla and Engr. Sabado presenting the Mining in Nueva Vizcaya during their visit at El Salvador
- La Asamblea Legislativa aprobó hoy con 69 votos el Decreto de Prohibición de Minería Metálica en El Salvador
- TARIPNONG: The regular press con of the provincial government is back
Provincial Agriculture extends support to farmers
The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist (OPA) will distribute corn seeds to corn farmers in the province that are producing below four metric tons per hectare according to Provincial Agriculturist Alexander Domingo during an interview.
“Our P3 million prize being one of the Quality Corn Achievers Awardees will be used to purchase quality corn seeds and fertilizers to be distributed to corn farmers in support to the program of the present administration in sustaining agriculture and ensuring food security in the province,” said Domingo.
In pursuit of the national governments effort to support and strengthen the Philippine corn industry, the Department of Agriculture (DA) came up with the National Quality Corn Achievers Award (NQCAA) that aims to recognize the top performing Local Government Units (LGUs) in order to improve the welfare of farmers and corn producing provinces.
Out of the 15 municipalities, there were nine corn producing towns which include Villaverde, Bagabag, Diadi, Quezon, Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Kasibu and Dupax Del Norte. Villaverde and Bagabag that were awarded as Hall of Fame for Outstanding Corn Achievers in 2014 and 2016 respectively.
“We are doing these efforts to support our Vizcayano farmers and maintain the award as one of the provinces that produce quality corn in the country,” added Domingo.
Another plan of the OPA is the development of the provincial nursery to be a farm school which will be an informal learning site for farmers to learn new farming technologies and techniques and to ensure food security in the province.
According to Domingo, training of certified trainers for the program will start first quarter in 2017 which includes the OPA, TAM-AN Banaue Multi-Purpose Cooperative and Vizcaya Fresh. #krizel