- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
- Bambang wins Miss CDW 2017
- 365: The Art of Being Alone by Jade Gacuan art exhibit
- PLGU NV wants public to appreciate province history and culture through photo contest
- Malacañang declared June 26 a holiday for Eid’l Fitr
- ARTC guesthouse opens to public
- PCAO grants aids to 20 individuals
- A better venue
- Awarding of financial assistance and material assistance to various barangays, schools and other org.
- Meet & Greet: Nueva Vizcaya’s candidate for Miss Tourism Philippines
- The Winners in the GAF17 activities
- Red Cross donates cereals and biscuits
- Province evaluated for second year Crown
- NGCP gives free school supplies for Vizcaya schoolers
- 4 Vizcayana centenarians up for P.1M aid
- Aritao wins 9th street dancing championship
Provincial Agriculture extends support to farmers
The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist (OPA) will distribute corn seeds to corn farmers in the province that are producing below four metric tons per hectare according to Provincial Agriculturist Alexander Domingo during an interview.
“Our P3 million prize being one of the Quality Corn Achievers Awardees will be used to purchase quality corn seeds and fertilizers to be distributed to corn farmers in support to the program of the present administration in sustaining agriculture and ensuring food security in the province,” said Domingo.
In pursuit of the national governments effort to support and strengthen the Philippine corn industry, the Department of Agriculture (DA) came up with the National Quality Corn Achievers Award (NQCAA) that aims to recognize the top performing Local Government Units (LGUs) in order to improve the welfare of farmers and corn producing provinces.
Out of the 15 municipalities, there were nine corn producing towns which include Villaverde, Bagabag, Diadi, Quezon, Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Kasibu and Dupax Del Norte. Villaverde and Bagabag that were awarded as Hall of Fame for Outstanding Corn Achievers in 2014 and 2016 respectively.
“We are doing these efforts to support our Vizcayano farmers and maintain the award as one of the provinces that produce quality corn in the country,” added Domingo.
Another plan of the OPA is the development of the provincial nursery to be a farm school which will be an informal learning site for farmers to learn new farming technologies and techniques and to ensure food security in the province.
According to Domingo, training of certified trainers for the program will start first quarter in 2017 which includes the OPA, TAM-AN Banaue Multi-Purpose Cooperative and Vizcaya Fresh. #krizel