- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
- Peoples Council created for effective and efficient governance
- Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
Provincial Agriculture extends support to farmers
The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist (OPA) will distribute corn seeds to corn farmers in the province that are producing below four metric tons per hectare according to Provincial Agriculturist Alexander Domingo during an interview.
“Our P3 million prize being one of the Quality Corn Achievers Awardees will be used to purchase quality corn seeds and fertilizers to be distributed to corn farmers in support to the program of the present administration in sustaining agriculture and ensuring food security in the province,” said Domingo.
In pursuit of the national governments effort to support and strengthen the Philippine corn industry, the Department of Agriculture (DA) came up with the National Quality Corn Achievers Award (NQCAA) that aims to recognize the top performing Local Government Units (LGUs) in order to improve the welfare of farmers and corn producing provinces.
Out of the 15 municipalities, there were nine corn producing towns which include Villaverde, Bagabag, Diadi, Quezon, Solano, Bayombong, Bambang, Kasibu and Dupax Del Norte. Villaverde and Bagabag that were awarded as Hall of Fame for Outstanding Corn Achievers in 2014 and 2016 respectively.
“We are doing these efforts to support our Vizcayano farmers and maintain the award as one of the provinces that produce quality corn in the country,” added Domingo.
Another plan of the OPA is the development of the provincial nursery to be a farm school which will be an informal learning site for farmers to learn new farming technologies and techniques and to ensure food security in the province.
According to Domingo, training of certified trainers for the program will start first quarter in 2017 which includes the OPA, TAM-AN Banaue Multi-Purpose Cooperative and Vizcaya Fresh. #krizel