- Provincial Agriculture extends support to farmers
- Governor Padilla awards cash to 7 centenarians
- Bonus unsure for PLGU COS employees
- Governor CMP clarified on caterer’s issue
- Awarding of P100,000 to Novo Vizcayano Centenarians
- Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Capitol perimeter fence
- PDC-DEVAD 3rd regular business meeting
- Province sets to sustain nutrition programs
- 2016 Paskua Ditoy Nueva Vizcaya Parol Contest
- SN Aboitiz shows support to local ginger industry
- Capitol extends gifts in Diadi
- PNC prepares for 2017 activities
- Province receives nutrition awards
- CA mulls employees appeal
- PLGU employees undergo supervisory development training
- BM Marcos encourages MLGUs to join in PRCs Blood Samaritan Program
- NV carries off “National Quality Corn Achiever Award” anew
- Population Office celebrates PopDev week
- Training on Supervisory Development Course (SDC) Track I with CSC
- Nueva Vizcaya dad defends ‘Kaingin’ system of IPs
Bonus unsure for PLGU COS employees
In as much as Governor Carlos Padilla wants the Contract of Service (COS) employees to receive something as the permanent and casuals employees would be receiving this Christmas season, the Governor is pressured as he could not do anything because of some legal matters to be observed.
The Governor had a meeting with the Local Finance Committee (LFC) on December 19 at the NV Pasalubong Center because he is very much eager to give bonus incentives to the COS employees.
“We tried our best to the last minute,” Governor Padilla said. But upon the analysis made with the Provincial Legal Office, it is illegal to provide something for the COS. The Commission on Audit (COA) is definite of the regulation.
“I don’t want to take the risk. The law is the law which we have to follow. Even how harsh it is,” Padilla also said.
“It would be difficult for the Provincial Government and the COS employees when we give them something but later on would be paying back after a notice of disallowance would be received from the COA,” Padilla added.
Padilla opened the matter to the Administrative Officers (AOs) during its meeting at the same venue. He told them to understand the situation and extend the explanation to the COS employees.
Padilla also told the AOs to help him make a research regarding the grant of Economic Relief Aid (ERA) because subsequently, the LFC and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan will be brainstorming on the ERA, so that the COS employees may also be benefited as well. #bg