- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Bonus unsure for PLGU COS employees
In as much as Governor Carlos Padilla wants the Contract of Service (COS) employees to receive something as the permanent and casuals employees would be receiving this Christmas season, the Governor is pressured as he could not do anything because of some legal matters to be observed.
The Governor had a meeting with the Local Finance Committee (LFC) on December 19 at the NV Pasalubong Center because he is very much eager to give bonus incentives to the COS employees.
“We tried our best to the last minute,” Governor Padilla said. But upon the analysis made with the Provincial Legal Office, it is illegal to provide something for the COS. The Commission on Audit (COA) is definite of the regulation.
“I don’t want to take the risk. The law is the law which we have to follow. Even how harsh it is,” Padilla also said.
“It would be difficult for the Provincial Government and the COS employees when we give them something but later on would be paying back after a notice of disallowance would be received from the COA,” Padilla added.
Padilla opened the matter to the Administrative Officers (AOs) during its meeting at the same venue. He told them to understand the situation and extend the explanation to the COS employees.
Padilla also told the AOs to help him make a research regarding the grant of Economic Relief Aid (ERA) because subsequently, the LFC and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan will be brainstorming on the ERA, so that the COS employees may also be benefited as well. #bg