- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
- Rare species found in Mt. Palali
- Governor lectures on Federalism
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Water over gold forum held
- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
Bonus unsure for PLGU COS employees
In as much as Governor Carlos Padilla wants the Contract of Service (COS) employees to receive something as the permanent and casuals employees would be receiving this Christmas season, the Governor is pressured as he could not do anything because of some legal matters to be observed.
The Governor had a meeting with the Local Finance Committee (LFC) on December 19 at the NV Pasalubong Center because he is very much eager to give bonus incentives to the COS employees.
“We tried our best to the last minute,” Governor Padilla said. But upon the analysis made with the Provincial Legal Office, it is illegal to provide something for the COS. The Commission on Audit (COA) is definite of the regulation.
“I don’t want to take the risk. The law is the law which we have to follow. Even how harsh it is,” Padilla also said.
“It would be difficult for the Provincial Government and the COS employees when we give them something but later on would be paying back after a notice of disallowance would be received from the COA,” Padilla added.
Padilla opened the matter to the Administrative Officers (AOs) during its meeting at the same venue. He told them to understand the situation and extend the explanation to the COS employees.
Padilla also told the AOs to help him make a research regarding the grant of Economic Relief Aid (ERA) because subsequently, the LFC and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan will be brainstorming on the ERA, so that the COS employees may also be benefited as well. #bg