- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Bonus unsure for PLGU COS employees
In as much as Governor Carlos Padilla wants the Contract of Service (COS) employees to receive something as the permanent and casuals employees would be receiving this Christmas season, the Governor is pressured as he could not do anything because of some legal matters to be observed.
The Governor had a meeting with the Local Finance Committee (LFC) on December 19 at the NV Pasalubong Center because he is very much eager to give bonus incentives to the COS employees.
“We tried our best to the last minute,” Governor Padilla said. But upon the analysis made with the Provincial Legal Office, it is illegal to provide something for the COS. The Commission on Audit (COA) is definite of the regulation.
“I don’t want to take the risk. The law is the law which we have to follow. Even how harsh it is,” Padilla also said.
“It would be difficult for the Provincial Government and the COS employees when we give them something but later on would be paying back after a notice of disallowance would be received from the COA,” Padilla added.
Padilla opened the matter to the Administrative Officers (AOs) during its meeting at the same venue. He told them to understand the situation and extend the explanation to the COS employees.
Padilla also told the AOs to help him make a research regarding the grant of Economic Relief Aid (ERA) because subsequently, the LFC and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan will be brainstorming on the ERA, so that the COS employees may also be benefited as well. #bg