- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
- Bambang wins Miss CDW 2017
- 365: The Art of Being Alone by Jade Gacuan art exhibit
- PLGU NV wants public to appreciate province history and culture through photo contest
- Malacañang declared June 26 a holiday for Eid’l Fitr
- ARTC guesthouse opens to public
- PCAO grants aids to 20 individuals
- A better venue
- Awarding of financial assistance and material assistance to various barangays, schools and other org.
- Meet & Greet: Nueva Vizcaya’s candidate for Miss Tourism Philippines
- The Winners in the GAF17 activities
- Red Cross donates cereals and biscuits
- Province evaluated for second year Crown
- NGCP gives free school supplies for Vizcaya schoolers
- 4 Vizcayana centenarians up for P.1M aid
- Aritao wins 9th street dancing championship
Province sets to sustain nutrition programs
The National Nutrition Council held the 2016 National Nutrition Awarding Ceremony on December 13 at the Philippine International Convention Center, Pasay City recognizing the outstanding efforts of the local government units and barangay nutrition scholars in implementing nutrition programs in the country.
The province received recognition with P100,000.00 cash award for successfully maintaining the first year of the Consistent Regional Outstanding Winner in Nutrition (CROWN) Award through the efficient and effective implementation and management of programs that resulted to the improvement of the nutrition situation in the province.
Governor Carlos Padilla, Vice Governor Lambert Galima Jr. and former Governor Ruth Padilla received the CROWN Award; and witnessed by the Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) headed by Dr. Edwin Galapon, Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, and Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa, along with other officials in the province.
The former governor was invited to receive the award in recognition of her hands-on approach in implementing the nutrition programs during her term that inspired local officials and nutrition workers to do better in improving the nutrition situation in the province, especially for the young children.
Governor Padilla called the PNC-TWG for a dinner-meeting and challenged the group to come-up with year-long programs that would improve and maintain the nutrition situation in the province with special consideration to the poor families and plight of the barangay nutrition scholars.
“Start your programs early next year and do not stop when evaluation ends. It’s a year-long and continuous program,” Padilla said, citing the statement of former Mayor Benhur Abalos of Mandaluyong City, wherein the city is an Honor Awardee (the highest award in nutrition), “We are not doing this for the trophy, but because it is just proper.”
Vice Governor Galima believes that the active participation of the LGUs and giving funds to nutrition programs help the province achieve its fight against malnutrition.
Incidentally during the meeting, the provincial leaders met with Senator Cynthia Villar, former Senate President Manny Villar and family who extended their congratulations to the province.
Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr. and DOH Secretary Paulyn Jean Ubial also graced the awarding ceremony. #bg