- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
- Rare species found in Mt. Palali
- Governor lectures on Federalism
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Water over gold forum held
- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
Capitol extends gifts in Diadi
The Provincial Government distributed gifts to the Abot-Palad Association and Senior Citizens’ Federation of Diadi during its joint Christmas program held on December 9 at the Diadi gymnasium.
The gift-giving was led by Governor Carlos Padilla, former Governor Ruth Padilla and some officials of the Provincial Capitol. The senior citizens received blankets and personal packs for the Abot-Palad members.
The gift-giving was supposed to be held at the Lower Magat Eco-tourism (LMET) Park but due to the incessant rain in the past days that caused muddy grounds at LMET, the event was moved to the community gymnasium.
Talking to the Diadi residents, “I really wanted to hold the event at the LMET. I believe that most of you, even that you are from here, have not seen LMET yet. Some of you had been there maybe 5 years ago, but LMET is different now because there were a lot of developments made in the past 3 years,” Governor Padilla said.
“I will make way that you will see LMET soon. How could you help us promote LMET to people from other places if you have not seen the place,” the Governor added.
Padilla also said that he will also look into the possibility, through the help of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, of giving discounts (if not free) to senior citizens and residents of Diadi going to LMET.
During the event, the Provincial Nutrition Office headed by Luzviminda Ragpa, Nutrition Officer III, turned-over some units of weighing scales to the Municipal Nutrition Office for distribution to qualified recipients from the municipality. The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist also distributed some seedlings.
The Provincial Government also distributed same gifts in Didipio, Kasibu and in the Municipality of Quezon recently. #bg