- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
Capitol extends gifts in Diadi
The Provincial Government distributed gifts to the Abot-Palad Association and Senior Citizens’ Federation of Diadi during its joint Christmas program held on December 9 at the Diadi gymnasium.
The gift-giving was led by Governor Carlos Padilla, former Governor Ruth Padilla and some officials of the Provincial Capitol. The senior citizens received blankets and personal packs for the Abot-Palad members.
The gift-giving was supposed to be held at the Lower Magat Eco-tourism (LMET) Park but due to the incessant rain in the past days that caused muddy grounds at LMET, the event was moved to the community gymnasium.
Talking to the Diadi residents, “I really wanted to hold the event at the LMET. I believe that most of you, even that you are from here, have not seen LMET yet. Some of you had been there maybe 5 years ago, but LMET is different now because there were a lot of developments made in the past 3 years,” Governor Padilla said.
“I will make way that you will see LMET soon. How could you help us promote LMET to people from other places if you have not seen the place,” the Governor added.
Padilla also said that he will also look into the possibility, through the help of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan, of giving discounts (if not free) to senior citizens and residents of Diadi going to LMET.
During the event, the Provincial Nutrition Office headed by Luzviminda Ragpa, Nutrition Officer III, turned-over some units of weighing scales to the Municipal Nutrition Office for distribution to qualified recipients from the municipality. The Office of the Provincial Agriculturist also distributed some seedlings.
The Provincial Government also distributed same gifts in Didipio, Kasibu and in the Municipality of Quezon recently. #bg