- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
- Vizcaya’s teenage pregnancy still 3rd in the Region
- NVPPO all set for women’s month celebration
- Nueva Vizcaya marks highest rate of VAWC in Region 2
- PSWDO launches feeding program
- DOLE accepts applications for OFW livelihood assistance
- PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
- NVAT holds assembly and election
- El Salvador Votes for Water over Gold
- Presidente Sánchez Cerén agradece apoyo de Nueva Vizcaya en la lucha contra la minería metálica en El Salvador
- Gov. Padilla and Engr. Sabado presenting the Mining in Nueva Vizcaya during their visit at El Salvador
- La Asamblea Legislativa aprobó hoy con 69 votos el Decreto de Prohibición de Minería Metálica en El Salvador
- TARIPNONG: The regular press con of the provincial government is back
PNC prepares for 2017 activities
The Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) conducted its 4th quarter meeting on December 7 at the Provincial Nutrition Office, Capitol to discuss on its activities this coming 2017.
As the province has maintained its first year CROWN award as a consistent regional outstanding winner in nutrition, Dr. Ewin Galapon, Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, instructed the TWG to work together in helping out the local government units (LGUs), especially the barangay nutrition scholars, to give more efforts in maintaining nutrition programs in every locality.
To attain the Honor Award (the highest nutrition award) in 2018, Dr. Galapon said, “the province should maintain a score of 93 on the second year maintenance and a score of 98 for its third year maintenance.”
The evaluation for the Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) and Barangay Nutrition Committees (BNC) will start on January 17, 2017 and the Municipal Nutrition Committees (MNC) will start on February 15.
Provincial Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa said that the evaluation coverage will be expanded to 4 BNCs, rather than 3 BNCs as in the previous evaluations. The unvisited BNCs will be the targets for evaluation.
Ragpa also said that the PNC will introduce the CMP award or the Consistently Maintained Performance award as a way to convince the LGUs and BNS to consider the importance of nutrition. #bg