- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
PNC prepares for 2017 activities
The Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) conducted its 4th quarter meeting on December 7 at the Provincial Nutrition Office, Capitol to discuss on its activities this coming 2017.
As the province has maintained its first year CROWN award as a consistent regional outstanding winner in nutrition, Dr. Ewin Galapon, Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, instructed the TWG to work together in helping out the local government units (LGUs), especially the barangay nutrition scholars, to give more efforts in maintaining nutrition programs in every locality.
To attain the Honor Award (the highest nutrition award) in 2018, Dr. Galapon said, “the province should maintain a score of 93 on the second year maintenance and a score of 98 for its third year maintenance.”
The evaluation for the Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) and Barangay Nutrition Committees (BNC) will start on January 17, 2017 and the Municipal Nutrition Committees (MNC) will start on February 15.
Provincial Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa said that the evaluation coverage will be expanded to 4 BNCs, rather than 3 BNCs as in the previous evaluations. The unvisited BNCs will be the targets for evaluation.
Ragpa also said that the PNC will introduce the CMP award or the Consistently Maintained Performance award as a way to convince the LGUs and BNS to consider the importance of nutrition. #bg