- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
- Rare species found in Mt. Palali
- Governor lectures on Federalism
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Water over gold forum held
- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
PNC prepares for 2017 activities
The Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) conducted its 4th quarter meeting on December 7 at the Provincial Nutrition Office, Capitol to discuss on its activities this coming 2017.
As the province has maintained its first year CROWN award as a consistent regional outstanding winner in nutrition, Dr. Ewin Galapon, Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, instructed the TWG to work together in helping out the local government units (LGUs), especially the barangay nutrition scholars, to give more efforts in maintaining nutrition programs in every locality.
To attain the Honor Award (the highest nutrition award) in 2018, Dr. Galapon said, “the province should maintain a score of 93 on the second year maintenance and a score of 98 for its third year maintenance.”
The evaluation for the Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) and Barangay Nutrition Committees (BNC) will start on January 17, 2017 and the Municipal Nutrition Committees (MNC) will start on February 15.
Provincial Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa said that the evaluation coverage will be expanded to 4 BNCs, rather than 3 BNCs as in the previous evaluations. The unvisited BNCs will be the targets for evaluation.
Ragpa also said that the PNC will introduce the CMP award or the Consistently Maintained Performance award as a way to convince the LGUs and BNS to consider the importance of nutrition. #bg