- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
- Bambang wins Miss CDW 2017
- 365: The Art of Being Alone by Jade Gacuan art exhibit
- PLGU NV wants public to appreciate province history and culture through photo contest
- Malacañang declared June 26 a holiday for Eid’l Fitr
- ARTC guesthouse opens to public
- PCAO grants aids to 20 individuals
- A better venue
- Awarding of financial assistance and material assistance to various barangays, schools and other org.
- Meet & Greet: Nueva Vizcaya’s candidate for Miss Tourism Philippines
- The Winners in the GAF17 activities
- Red Cross donates cereals and biscuits
- Province evaluated for second year Crown
- NGCP gives free school supplies for Vizcaya schoolers
- 4 Vizcayana centenarians up for P.1M aid
- Aritao wins 9th street dancing championship
PNC prepares for 2017 activities
The Provincial Nutrition Council-Technical Working Group (PNC-TWG) conducted its 4th quarter meeting on December 7 at the Provincial Nutrition Office, Capitol to discuss on its activities this coming 2017.
As the province has maintained its first year CROWN award as a consistent regional outstanding winner in nutrition, Dr. Ewin Galapon, Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, instructed the TWG to work together in helping out the local government units (LGUs), especially the barangay nutrition scholars, to give more efforts in maintaining nutrition programs in every locality.
To attain the Honor Award (the highest nutrition award) in 2018, Dr. Galapon said, “the province should maintain a score of 93 on the second year maintenance and a score of 98 for its third year maintenance.”
The evaluation for the Barangay Nutrition Scholars (BNS) and Barangay Nutrition Committees (BNC) will start on January 17, 2017 and the Municipal Nutrition Committees (MNC) will start on February 15.
Provincial Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa said that the evaluation coverage will be expanded to 4 BNCs, rather than 3 BNCs as in the previous evaluations. The unvisited BNCs will be the targets for evaluation.
Ragpa also said that the PNC will introduce the CMP award or the Consistently Maintained Performance award as a way to convince the LGUs and BNS to consider the importance of nutrition. #bg