- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Province receives nutrition awards
Governor Carlos M. Padilla showed his support to the awardees of the province by attending the National Nutrition Council-R02 regional awards held on December 5 at Valley Hotel, Peñablanca, Cagayan.
The Regional Green Banner Award for 2015 was awarded to the Municipality of Santa Fe headed by Mayor Liwayway Caramat. The Green Banner Award is the honor given to local government units with excellent implementation and management of nutritional programs. The Municipal Nutrition Committee of Dupax del Sur, through the leadership of Mayor Rainier Basconcillo, also received the (2003 PPAN) Nutrition Honor Award for maintaining the outstanding implementation of its Municipal Nutrition Action Plan and intensified efforts to improve the nutrition situation in the municipality.
Barangay Nutrition Scholar (BNS) Liza Dominguez of Sinapaoan, Santa Fe also received recognition being the provincial winner in the Outstanding BNS.
Governor Padilla was elated upon learning that the nutrition workers and scholars were inspired to intensify efforts in doing their job upon the instructions of former Governor Ruth Padilla.
The Provincial Nutrition Council (PNC), along with some provincial leaders, will represent the province in receiving the First Year Maintenance Award in the Consistent Regional Outstanding Winner in Nutrition (CROWN) on December 13 at the Philippine International Convention Center, Manila. The Municipality of Ivana, Batanes will also receive the same award.
The City of Cauayan in Isabela is an Honor Awardee, the highest honor in nutrition award. The province of Nueva Vizcaya will have to maintain 3 consecutive CROWN awards to be able to get the Honor Award by 2018.
The PNC is actively advocating nutrition programs in the province and recently extended its programs during the anniversary celebrations of the Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle Program of the Province and the Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Employee’s Association (NVPEA). And in collaboration with the Provincial Cooperative Affairs Office (PCAO), the nutrition scholars will also receive livelihood assistance. #bg