- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Province receives nutrition awards
Governor Carlos M. Padilla showed his support to the awardees of the province by attending the National Nutrition Council-R02 regional awards held on December 5 at Valley Hotel, Peñablanca, Cagayan.
The Regional Green Banner Award for 2015 was awarded to the Municipality of Santa Fe headed by Mayor Liwayway Caramat. The Green Banner Award is the honor given to local government units with excellent implementation and management of nutritional programs. The Municipal Nutrition Committee of Dupax del Sur, through the leadership of Mayor Rainier Basconcillo, also received the (2003 PPAN) Nutrition Honor Award for maintaining the outstanding implementation of its Municipal Nutrition Action Plan and intensified efforts to improve the nutrition situation in the municipality.
Barangay Nutrition Scholar (BNS) Liza Dominguez of Sinapaoan, Santa Fe also received recognition being the provincial winner in the Outstanding BNS.
Governor Padilla was elated upon learning that the nutrition workers and scholars were inspired to intensify efforts in doing their job upon the instructions of former Governor Ruth Padilla.
The Provincial Nutrition Council (PNC), along with some provincial leaders, will represent the province in receiving the First Year Maintenance Award in the Consistent Regional Outstanding Winner in Nutrition (CROWN) on December 13 at the Philippine International Convention Center, Manila. The Municipality of Ivana, Batanes will also receive the same award.
The City of Cauayan in Isabela is an Honor Awardee, the highest honor in nutrition award. The province of Nueva Vizcaya will have to maintain 3 consecutive CROWN awards to be able to get the Honor Award by 2018.
The PNC is actively advocating nutrition programs in the province and recently extended its programs during the anniversary celebrations of the Fitness and Healthy Lifestyle Program of the Province and the Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Employee’s Association (NVPEA). And in collaboration with the Provincial Cooperative Affairs Office (PCAO), the nutrition scholars will also receive livelihood assistance. #bg