- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
- Peoples Council created for effective and efficient governance
- Search for outstanding farmers to be launched
- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
NV carries off “National Quality Corn Achiever Award” anew
It is a back to back achievement for the province for winning the country’s most coveted “Outstanding Quality Corn Achiever Award.”
Under the leadership of Governor Carlos M. Padilla, Nueva Vizcaya was awarded by the Department of Agriculture (DA) during the 4th National Quality Corn Achievers Awarding Ceremony held at the The Farm at Carpenter Hill, Koronadal City South Cotabato on November 16, 2016.
A plaque of recognition and a P3 million cash prize was received by Governor Carlos M. Padilla accompanied by Provincial Agriculturist Alexander B. Domingo.
The same title was also awarded to the province last year at Clark, Pampanga during the leadership of former governor Ruth R. Padilla.
Aside from the provincial government of Nueva Vizcaya, the municipality of Bagabag and Diadi also won the award wherein Bagabag became a hall of famer and it was the first time for Diadi.
Provincial Agriculturist Alexander B. Domingo was also honored as Outstanding Provincial Agriculturist. Along with him were Julia P. Torio and Jasmin S. Ballesteros of Bagabag and Diadi respectively as Outstanding Municipal Agriculturists. Torio is also now a hall of famer.
The municipalities of Bagabag and Diadi were so lucky because the Outstanding Municipal Corn Coordinators also from the said municipalities in the person of Virginia S. Labaro of Bagabag who won the award for the 3rd time which made her a hall of famer too and for Diadi in the person of Susana T. Muli.
Further, Brigido M. Lopez, Oliver Toledo, Mary Jane P. Lopez, Marie Jean B. Novelozo, Rosita S. Sabio, Rosalinda A. Alcantara, Jemarie C. Bahatan, Noralyn G. Busa and Maria Christina S. Opeǹa were recognized as Outstanding Agricultural Extension Workers (AEWs). Hall of famer was awarded to Lopez, Toledo, Sabio and Busa.
For the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Corn Certified Farms, the recognition was given to Celso Gabaon, Elma Torio, Olive Cabauatan, Evangeline Agnol, Eduardo Jasmin and Nueva Vizcaya Experiment Station all from Bagabag. They were all awarded for meeting the standard set by DA in the area of food safety. #mccd