- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
- Vizcaya’s teenage pregnancy still 3rd in the Region
- NVPPO all set for women’s month celebration
- Nueva Vizcaya marks highest rate of VAWC in Region 2
- PSWDO launches feeding program
- DOLE accepts applications for OFW livelihood assistance
- PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
- NVAT holds assembly and election
- El Salvador Votes for Water over Gold
- Presidente Sánchez Cerén agradece apoyo de Nueva Vizcaya en la lucha contra la minería metálica en El Salvador
- Gov. Padilla and Engr. Sabado presenting the Mining in Nueva Vizcaya during their visit at El Salvador
- La Asamblea Legislativa aprobó hoy con 69 votos el Decreto de Prohibición de Minería Metálica en El Salvador
- TARIPNONG: The regular press con of the provincial government is back
Nueva Vizcaya is Region 02’s Most Outstanding Anti-Red Tape Act implementer
The provincial government of Nueva Vizcaya was proclaimed by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) as Region 02’s most outstanding anti-red tape act (ARTA) implementor for 2016, provincial category.
During the Seal of Good Local Governance (SGLG) awarding ceremonies held at the City of Ilagan Auditorium, Isabela province yesterday (November 8), no other than Governor Carlos M. Padilla, Provincial Administrator Maybelle Dumlao-Sevillena, ARTA Council Chairperson, received the plaque of recognition, together with some chiefs of office.
Other municipal and barangay units from Nueva Vizcaya also received most outstanding and outstanding awards which were also received by either the municipal mayors, barangay captains and officials or their representatives.
In his opening remarks, DILG Regional Director John M. Castaneda said the yearly search is a challenge to all the LGUs to perform outstandingly; “to transform leadership from a profession to a vocation because commitment and good heart are more important than knowledge and skills.”
He stated further: “Today, you reap the fruits of your hardwork…ang tunay na magaling ay hindi natitinag…”
Finally, he said that the word “team” stands as an acronym for “together, everyone achieves more.”
Having received for the provincial government another award for 2015 SGLG Post Compliance Passers, Governor Padilla said in his “sharing” speech that he was just representing former Governor Ruth Padilla in receiving the award as it was during her time that the compliance was undertaken.
He said he finds it his obligation to equal or surpass the accomplishment of his predecessor and it is not because of the awards to be received but “to serve our people and to fast track development and progress in our province.”
Mayor Ronelie U. Valtoribio received the plaque of recognition for the municipal government of Villaverde’s “regional excellence award for disaster-prepared LGU of the year (Ready 24/7) while the municipality of Ambaguio, represented by DILG officers, also received the plaque of recognition for being the Most Outstanding ARTA implementor for 2016 for the municipal category.
Brgy. Captain Reynaldo A. Valez of Ibung, Villaverde also received, together with Governor Padilla, Mayor Valtoribio and barangay officials, the plaque of recognition for Most Outstanding Barangay Peace and Order Council 2016; Mayor Timothy Joseph A.Cayton accompanied Barangay Treasurer Felicidad T. Pumaras of Brgy. Ineangan, Dupax del Norte in receiving her plaque of recognition as Most Outstanding Barangay Treasurer 2016; while Barangay Captain Danilo E. Domingo of Brgy. Osmena, Solano and the council members accompanied Harren Jesse D. Bana in receiving his award as Most Outstanding Barangay Secretary.
Other recipients for SGLG 2016 Passers are LGU Ambaguio. LGU Aritiao, LGU Bagabag, LGU Villaverde, while LGU recipients for 2015 SGLG Post Compliance Passers are Bambang, Diadi, Quezon, Sta. Fe, Dupax del Norte, and Kayapa.
Barangay District IV of Bayombong received outstanding award for 2016 ARTA implementation, Laureto Viernes of Ibung Villaverede received outstanding barangay tanod award, and Brgy. Balete Diadi received for Barangay Team Services.
For outstanding Lupong Tagapamayapa, Brgy. Barat of Bambang is outstanding in 1st to 3rd class municipalities while Bintawa Norte, Villaverede is also outstanding for 4th to 6th class municipalities. For BESTS award, Brgy. Inaban of Dupax del Norte is also outstanding.
Also present during the awarding ceremonies were Bambang Mayor Flaviano Balgos, Aritao Mayor Lucita Tan, Dupax del Sur Mayor Ruben Basconcillo Jr., Kayapa Mayor Paul Ligmayo, Diadi Mayor Norma Miguel, Solano Mayor Eufemia Dacayo, Sta. Mayor Liwayway Caramat, Bagabag MayorJohnny Sevillena, Quezon Mayor Dolores Binwag, #gbb