- OISCA to plant bamboos in Diadi
- CMP signs EO on waste management
- Best Performing MLGU in the 2018 Grand Ammungan Festival
- Famous Femush: Saniata ti Nueva Vizcaya 2018
- PLGU gives machineries to farmers
- Outstanding farmers and fisherfolk recognized
- Best booth goes to Aritao
- Province evaluated for national award
- NVAT holds assembly
- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
Provincial Capitol is Red Orchid Hall of Famer
Nueva Vizcaya’s Capitol has kept its distinction as the leading local government office in the fight against smoking.
On Thursday (August 25), The Provincial Capitol once again took home the Red Orchid Award for the third time. The Provincial Capitol is now a Hall of Famer on working for a tobacco-free environment.
Meanwhile, the Hall of Fame Award was also given to Dupax District Hospital (DDH) and Kasibu Municipal Hospital for Hospital Category for consistently winning the award for three consecutive time.
Other hospitals that won the award were Lieutenant Tidang Municipal Hospital and Diadi Emergency Hospital for the second time around. They are now candidates for a Hall of Famer for the next awarding.
For LGU category, it is now the second year for the municipality of Kayapa to win the award, first time for the Municipality of Santa Fe and Aritao, while the Municipality of Bayombong won the Pink Orchid Award.
Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Edwin B. Galapon, and representatives of the winning hospitals and LGUs attended and received the award in the Regional Awarding Ceremony held at Tuguegarao, Cagayan.
Red Orchid Awardee is recognized every year for its initiative or efforts for smoke free campaign whether by the local government unit, government office or government hospitals.
Last June 23, the Province had already won the Hall of Fame Award in the national level during the awarding ceremony held at the Manila Hotel, Manila. Nueva Vizcaya is the only province entire the Philippines that won the Hall of Fame Award.
Hall of Famer were also given to the municipalities of Ambaguio and Kasibu wherein they were the only LGUs from Region II that won the award. #mccd