- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Nutrition office conducts supplementary feeding
“Bayombong is a problem municipality in terms of nutrition,” said Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa during a meeting of the Provincial Sub-Committee for the Welfare of Children (PSCWC).
According to the latest records of the Provincial Nutrition Office, Bayombong is one of the municipalities with highest number of under nourished children in the entire province of Nueva Vizcaya.
In order to decrease these numbers, the Provincial Nutrition office (PNO) in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is conducting a supplementary feeding to 80 children aged six months to 4 years old in various barabgays of Bayombong for 120 days which started last July.
The said “nuti-snack” is an innovation of the DOST as part of their campaign to battle with malnutrition of which according to Ragpa, its base ingredient is “mongo” fortified with various nutrients which will aid in the development of the nutrition of the children.
It comes in two kinds. One of which is the cereal form which is intended for babies six months old up and the other form is the “curl form” intended for one to four year old children.
The PNO is also conducting a monthly monitoring and weighing of the children beneficiaries. #krizel