- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
- Bambang wins Miss CDW 2017
- 365: The Art of Being Alone by Jade Gacuan art exhibit
- PLGU NV wants public to appreciate province history and culture through photo contest
- Malacañang declared June 26 a holiday for Eid’l Fitr
- ARTC guesthouse opens to public
- PCAO grants aids to 20 individuals
- A better venue
- Awarding of financial assistance and material assistance to various barangays, schools and other org.
- Meet & Greet: Nueva Vizcaya’s candidate for Miss Tourism Philippines
- The Winners in the GAF17 activities
- Red Cross donates cereals and biscuits
- Province evaluated for second year Crown
- NGCP gives free school supplies for Vizcaya schoolers
- 4 Vizcayana centenarians up for P.1M aid
- Aritao wins 9th street dancing championship
Nutrition office conducts supplementary feeding
“Bayombong is a problem municipality in terms of nutrition,” said Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa during a meeting of the Provincial Sub-Committee for the Welfare of Children (PSCWC).
According to the latest records of the Provincial Nutrition Office, Bayombong is one of the municipalities with highest number of under nourished children in the entire province of Nueva Vizcaya.
In order to decrease these numbers, the Provincial Nutrition office (PNO) in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is conducting a supplementary feeding to 80 children aged six months to 4 years old in various barabgays of Bayombong for 120 days which started last July.
The said “nuti-snack” is an innovation of the DOST as part of their campaign to battle with malnutrition of which according to Ragpa, its base ingredient is “mongo” fortified with various nutrients which will aid in the development of the nutrition of the children.
It comes in two kinds. One of which is the cereal form which is intended for babies six months old up and the other form is the “curl form” intended for one to four year old children.
The PNO is also conducting a monthly monitoring and weighing of the children beneficiaries. #krizel