- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
- Rare species found in Mt. Palali
- Governor lectures on Federalism
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Water over gold forum held
- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
Nutrition office conducts supplementary feeding
“Bayombong is a problem municipality in terms of nutrition,” said Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa during a meeting of the Provincial Sub-Committee for the Welfare of Children (PSCWC).
According to the latest records of the Provincial Nutrition Office, Bayombong is one of the municipalities with highest number of under nourished children in the entire province of Nueva Vizcaya.
In order to decrease these numbers, the Provincial Nutrition office (PNO) in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is conducting a supplementary feeding to 80 children aged six months to 4 years old in various barabgays of Bayombong for 120 days which started last July.
The said “nuti-snack” is an innovation of the DOST as part of their campaign to battle with malnutrition of which according to Ragpa, its base ingredient is “mongo” fortified with various nutrients which will aid in the development of the nutrition of the children.
It comes in two kinds. One of which is the cereal form which is intended for babies six months old up and the other form is the “curl form” intended for one to four year old children.
The PNO is also conducting a monthly monitoring and weighing of the children beneficiaries. #krizel