- Provincial Agriculture extends support to farmers
- Governor Padilla awards cash to 7 centenarians
- Bonus unsure for PLGU COS employees
- Governor CMP clarified on caterer’s issue
- Awarding of P100,000 to Novo Vizcayano Centenarians
- Nueva Vizcaya Provincial Capitol perimeter fence
- PDC-DEVAD 3rd regular business meeting
- Province sets to sustain nutrition programs
- 2016 Paskua Ditoy Nueva Vizcaya Parol Contest
- SN Aboitiz shows support to local ginger industry
- Capitol extends gifts in Diadi
- PNC prepares for 2017 activities
- Province receives nutrition awards
- CA mulls employees appeal
- PLGU employees undergo supervisory development training
- BM Marcos encourages MLGUs to join in PRCs Blood Samaritan Program
- NV carries off “National Quality Corn Achiever Award” anew
- Population Office celebrates PopDev week
- Training on Supervisory Development Course (SDC) Track I with CSC
- Nueva Vizcaya dad defends ‘Kaingin’ system of IPs
Nutrition office conducts supplementary feeding
“Bayombong is a problem municipality in terms of nutrition,” said Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa during a meeting of the Provincial Sub-Committee for the Welfare of Children (PSCWC).
According to the latest records of the Provincial Nutrition Office, Bayombong is one of the municipalities with highest number of under nourished children in the entire province of Nueva Vizcaya.
In order to decrease these numbers, the Provincial Nutrition office (PNO) in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is conducting a supplementary feeding to 80 children aged six months to 4 years old in various barabgays of Bayombong for 120 days which started last July.
The said “nuti-snack” is an innovation of the DOST as part of their campaign to battle with malnutrition of which according to Ragpa, its base ingredient is “mongo” fortified with various nutrients which will aid in the development of the nutrition of the children.
It comes in two kinds. One of which is the cereal form which is intended for babies six months old up and the other form is the “curl form” intended for one to four year old children.
The PNO is also conducting a monthly monitoring and weighing of the children beneficiaries. #krizel