- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Nutrition office conducts supplementary feeding
“Bayombong is a problem municipality in terms of nutrition,” said Nutrition Officer Luzviminda Ragpa during a meeting of the Provincial Sub-Committee for the Welfare of Children (PSCWC).
According to the latest records of the Provincial Nutrition Office, Bayombong is one of the municipalities with highest number of under nourished children in the entire province of Nueva Vizcaya.
In order to decrease these numbers, the Provincial Nutrition office (PNO) in cooperation with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is conducting a supplementary feeding to 80 children aged six months to 4 years old in various barabgays of Bayombong for 120 days which started last July.
The said “nuti-snack” is an innovation of the DOST as part of their campaign to battle with malnutrition of which according to Ragpa, its base ingredient is “mongo” fortified with various nutrients which will aid in the development of the nutrition of the children.
It comes in two kinds. One of which is the cereal form which is intended for babies six months old up and the other form is the “curl form” intended for one to four year old children.
The PNO is also conducting a monthly monitoring and weighing of the children beneficiaries. #krizel