- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
SP asks DENR to cancel Oceana Exploration permit
In support to the stand of the present administration against mining, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan headed by Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima, Jr., passed resolution requesting the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources (DENR) to cancel the renewal of exploration permit of Oceana Gold Philippines, Inc. (OGPI) last Monday (August 8) during 6th regular session.
In an earlier statement of the OGPI, the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) under the DENR granted the extension of exploration period under its Financial and Technical Assistance Agreement (FTAA) from March 2016 to 2021.
Upon assuming as Governor of the province, Governor Carlos M. Padilla immediately took actions to stop mining in the province through the help of the DENR headed by Secretary Regina Paz Lopez to suspend the renewal of exploration permit and exploration moratorium pending amendments to mining policies.
According to Lopez, she will be asking the MGB headed by Director Leo Jasareno to act on the cancellation of the said permit for extension of the OGPI.
Through a joint motion of Board Member Nestor M. Sevillena and Board Member Flodemonte Gerdan, the resolution was unanimously approved.
Together with the approved resolution and the findings of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) on violations of OGPI in its mining operations will be forwarded to Secretary Lopez for favorable action. #krizel