- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
SP asks DENR to cancel Oceana Exploration permit
In support to the stand of the present administration against mining, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan headed by Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima, Jr., passed resolution requesting the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources (DENR) to cancel the renewal of exploration permit of Oceana Gold Philippines, Inc. (OGPI) last Monday (August 8) during 6th regular session.
In an earlier statement of the OGPI, the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) under the DENR granted the extension of exploration period under its Financial and Technical Assistance Agreement (FTAA) from March 2016 to 2021.
Upon assuming as Governor of the province, Governor Carlos M. Padilla immediately took actions to stop mining in the province through the help of the DENR headed by Secretary Regina Paz Lopez to suspend the renewal of exploration permit and exploration moratorium pending amendments to mining policies.
According to Lopez, she will be asking the MGB headed by Director Leo Jasareno to act on the cancellation of the said permit for extension of the OGPI.
Through a joint motion of Board Member Nestor M. Sevillena and Board Member Flodemonte Gerdan, the resolution was unanimously approved.
Together with the approved resolution and the findings of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) on violations of OGPI in its mining operations will be forwarded to Secretary Lopez for favorable action. #krizel