- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
- Belgian delegation to forge energy project with Nueva Vizcaya
- N. Vizcaya bags 2nd year CROWN award
- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search for Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
SP asks DENR to cancel Oceana Exploration permit
In support to the stand of the present administration against mining, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan headed by Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima, Jr., passed resolution requesting the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources (DENR) to cancel the renewal of exploration permit of Oceana Gold Philippines, Inc. (OGPI) last Monday (August 8) during 6th regular session.
In an earlier statement of the OGPI, the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) under the DENR granted the extension of exploration period under its Financial and Technical Assistance Agreement (FTAA) from March 2016 to 2021.
Upon assuming as Governor of the province, Governor Carlos M. Padilla immediately took actions to stop mining in the province through the help of the DENR headed by Secretary Regina Paz Lopez to suspend the renewal of exploration permit and exploration moratorium pending amendments to mining policies.
According to Lopez, she will be asking the MGB headed by Director Leo Jasareno to act on the cancellation of the said permit for extension of the OGPI.
Through a joint motion of Board Member Nestor M. Sevillena and Board Member Flodemonte Gerdan, the resolution was unanimously approved.
Together with the approved resolution and the findings of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) on violations of OGPI in its mining operations will be forwarded to Secretary Lopez for favorable action. #krizel