- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
- Vizcaya’s teenage pregnancy still 3rd in the Region
- NVPPO all set for women’s month celebration
- Nueva Vizcaya marks highest rate of VAWC in Region 2
- PSWDO launches feeding program
- DOLE accepts applications for OFW livelihood assistance
- PIA conducts ASEAN Quiz Bee NV leg
- NVAT holds assembly and election
- El Salvador Votes for Water over Gold
- Presidente Sánchez Cerén agradece apoyo de Nueva Vizcaya en la lucha contra la minería metálica en El Salvador
- Gov. Padilla and Engr. Sabado presenting the Mining in Nueva Vizcaya during their visit at El Salvador
- La Asamblea Legislativa aprobó hoy con 69 votos el Decreto de Prohibición de Minería Metálica en El Salvador
- TARIPNONG: The regular press con of the provincial government is back
SP asks DENR to cancel Oceana Exploration permit
In support to the stand of the present administration against mining, the Sangguniang Panlalawigan headed by Vice Governor Epifanio LD. Galima, Jr., passed resolution requesting the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources (DENR) to cancel the renewal of exploration permit of Oceana Gold Philippines, Inc. (OGPI) last Monday (August 8) during 6th regular session.
In an earlier statement of the OGPI, the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) under the DENR granted the extension of exploration period under its Financial and Technical Assistance Agreement (FTAA) from March 2016 to 2021.
Upon assuming as Governor of the province, Governor Carlos M. Padilla immediately took actions to stop mining in the province through the help of the DENR headed by Secretary Regina Paz Lopez to suspend the renewal of exploration permit and exploration moratorium pending amendments to mining policies.
According to Lopez, she will be asking the MGB headed by Director Leo Jasareno to act on the cancellation of the said permit for extension of the OGPI.
Through a joint motion of Board Member Nestor M. Sevillena and Board Member Flodemonte Gerdan, the resolution was unanimously approved.
Together with the approved resolution and the findings of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) on violations of OGPI in its mining operations will be forwarded to Secretary Lopez for favorable action. #krizel