- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
Baresbes covered court, Ampakleng road completed
Covered courts are used primarily to hold barangay activities, school activities and sports related activities. In 2015, Governor Ruth Padilla encouraged the barangay officials to use these multi-purpose buildings as the evacuation centers during calamities.
All the 15 municipalities of the province identified evacuation centers located in the capital of the town which in most cases are inaccessible to most people, especially to those in the far flung areas.
To address the situation, Governor Padilla supported the construction of covered courts or multi-purpose buildings in the barangays in cooperation with Congressman Carlos M. Padilla.
Among these is the Baresbes Multi-Purpose building in the municipality of Quezon which amounted to P2 million through the Local Infrastructure Projects (LIP) of Congressman Padilla.
The construction lasted from January 26, 2016 to April 24, 2016.
Concreting of provincial roads is also prioritized under the present administration. Among these is the concreting of the 377.5 meter Nagsabaran-Decabacan-Ampakleng road in Diadi. The project amounted to P 2 million from the 2015 20% Development Fund.