- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
Search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015: young once more…
The elderly made their presence felt during the celebration of the 176th founding anniversary of Nueva Vizcaya as 15 pairs of “senior citizens” from the different municipalities of the province joined the search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015.
Now on its 2nd year, the competition held at the People’s Stage, Capitol compound on May 22, became a venue of showcasing the talents of the candidates whose ages ranged from 60 years and above.
Vice Governor Epifanio Lambert D. Galima, Jr., Director General of the Grand Ammungan Festival 2015 said that the activity involving the senior citizens, was a way to show that the elderlies still have a vital role in the community. It also is a way of giving due appreciation, and expressing the commitment of the provincial government in giving importance to the elderly sector of the society.
The provincial government has as one of its thrust, as mentioned in its 13-point agenda, popularly known as PRAYERS N FAITH, particularly listed under “S”: support to women, PWD, senior citizens , and other marginalized groups, is addressing the needs and improving the welfare of the elderly.
Crowned Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015 were George Acpal from Bayombong, and Glorina Maddela from Villaverde, respectively. Aside from the trophies and certificates, both received a cash prize of P20,000.00 each. 1st runners-up, Arnold B. Mallo from Aritao and Carmelita C. Domincel from Solano, each got P15,000.00, while Isaias L. Retonda of Bambang, and Marcelina F. Sion of Aritao, were awarded P10,000.00 for their 2nd runner-up feat. #lag