- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015: young once more…
The elderly made their presence felt during the celebration of the 176th founding anniversary of Nueva Vizcaya as 15 pairs of “senior citizens” from the different municipalities of the province joined the search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015.
Now on its 2nd year, the competition held at the People’s Stage, Capitol compound on May 22, became a venue of showcasing the talents of the candidates whose ages ranged from 60 years and above.
Vice Governor Epifanio Lambert D. Galima, Jr., Director General of the Grand Ammungan Festival 2015 said that the activity involving the senior citizens, was a way to show that the elderlies still have a vital role in the community. It also is a way of giving due appreciation, and expressing the commitment of the provincial government in giving importance to the elderly sector of the society.
The provincial government has as one of its thrust, as mentioned in its 13-point agenda, popularly known as PRAYERS N FAITH, particularly listed under “S”: support to women, PWD, senior citizens , and other marginalized groups, is addressing the needs and improving the welfare of the elderly.
Crowned Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015 were George Acpal from Bayombong, and Glorina Maddela from Villaverde, respectively. Aside from the trophies and certificates, both received a cash prize of P20,000.00 each. 1st runners-up, Arnold B. Mallo from Aritao and Carmelita C. Domincel from Solano, each got P15,000.00, while Isaias L. Retonda of Bambang, and Marcelina F. Sion of Aritao, were awarded P10,000.00 for their 2nd runner-up feat. #lag