- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
- NV-DepEd holds festival of talents
- 2nd Barangay Fiesta of Bantinan, Santa Fe
- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
Search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015: young once more…
The elderly made their presence felt during the celebration of the 176th founding anniversary of Nueva Vizcaya as 15 pairs of “senior citizens” from the different municipalities of the province joined the search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015.
Now on its 2nd year, the competition held at the People’s Stage, Capitol compound on May 22, became a venue of showcasing the talents of the candidates whose ages ranged from 60 years and above.
Vice Governor Epifanio Lambert D. Galima, Jr., Director General of the Grand Ammungan Festival 2015 said that the activity involving the senior citizens, was a way to show that the elderlies still have a vital role in the community. It also is a way of giving due appreciation, and expressing the commitment of the provincial government in giving importance to the elderly sector of the society.
The provincial government has as one of its thrust, as mentioned in its 13-point agenda, popularly known as PRAYERS N FAITH, particularly listed under “S”: support to women, PWD, senior citizens , and other marginalized groups, is addressing the needs and improving the welfare of the elderly.
Crowned Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015 were George Acpal from Bayombong, and Glorina Maddela from Villaverde, respectively. Aside from the trophies and certificates, both received a cash prize of P20,000.00 each. 1st runners-up, Arnold B. Mallo from Aritao and Carmelita C. Domincel from Solano, each got P15,000.00, while Isaias L. Retonda of Bambang, and Marcelina F. Sion of Aritao, were awarded P10,000.00 for their 2nd runner-up feat. #lag