- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015: young once more…
The elderly made their presence felt during the celebration of the 176th founding anniversary of Nueva Vizcaya as 15 pairs of “senior citizens” from the different municipalities of the province joined the search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015.
Now on its 2nd year, the competition held at the People’s Stage, Capitol compound on May 22, became a venue of showcasing the talents of the candidates whose ages ranged from 60 years and above.
Vice Governor Epifanio Lambert D. Galima, Jr., Director General of the Grand Ammungan Festival 2015 said that the activity involving the senior citizens, was a way to show that the elderlies still have a vital role in the community. It also is a way of giving due appreciation, and expressing the commitment of the provincial government in giving importance to the elderly sector of the society.
The provincial government has as one of its thrust, as mentioned in its 13-point agenda, popularly known as PRAYERS N FAITH, particularly listed under “S”: support to women, PWD, senior citizens , and other marginalized groups, is addressing the needs and improving the welfare of the elderly.
Crowned Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015 were George Acpal from Bayombong, and Glorina Maddela from Villaverde, respectively. Aside from the trophies and certificates, both received a cash prize of P20,000.00 each. 1st runners-up, Arnold B. Mallo from Aritao and Carmelita C. Domincel from Solano, each got P15,000.00, while Isaias L. Retonda of Bambang, and Marcelina F. Sion of Aritao, were awarded P10,000.00 for their 2nd runner-up feat. #lag