- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
- Belgian delegation to forge energy project with Nueva Vizcaya
- N. Vizcaya bags 2nd year CROWN award
- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search for Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
Search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015: young once more…
The elderly made their presence felt during the celebration of the 176th founding anniversary of Nueva Vizcaya as 15 pairs of “senior citizens” from the different municipalities of the province joined the search for Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015.
Now on its 2nd year, the competition held at the People’s Stage, Capitol compound on May 22, became a venue of showcasing the talents of the candidates whose ages ranged from 60 years and above.
Vice Governor Epifanio Lambert D. Galima, Jr., Director General of the Grand Ammungan Festival 2015 said that the activity involving the senior citizens, was a way to show that the elderlies still have a vital role in the community. It also is a way of giving due appreciation, and expressing the commitment of the provincial government in giving importance to the elderly sector of the society.
The provincial government has as one of its thrust, as mentioned in its 13-point agenda, popularly known as PRAYERS N FAITH, particularly listed under “S”: support to women, PWD, senior citizens , and other marginalized groups, is addressing the needs and improving the welfare of the elderly.
Crowned Lolo Pogi and Lola Ganda 2015 were George Acpal from Bayombong, and Glorina Maddela from Villaverde, respectively. Aside from the trophies and certificates, both received a cash prize of P20,000.00 each. 1st runners-up, Arnold B. Mallo from Aritao and Carmelita C. Domincel from Solano, each got P15,000.00, while Isaias L. Retonda of Bambang, and Marcelina F. Sion of Aritao, were awarded P10,000.00 for their 2nd runner-up feat. #lag