- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Nueva Vizcaya sellers net over P.1M sales from DTI’s Diskwento Caravan
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – Business establishments who have participated in the Diskwento Caravan of the Department of Trade and Industry(DTI) have generated more than P.1 million in sales.
Ruben Diciano, DTI provincial chief said that records showed P105, 646.00 in total sales from 387 buyers when it conducted the Diskwento Caravan in May 14 to 15 at the people’s Stage within the provincial capitol in Bayombong town.
This was participated by 14 business establishments particularly local retailers, manufacturers and distributors in the province.
With the theme “ Dekalidad at Murang Produkto Handog sa Mamimiling Novo Vizcayano “, the marketing event aims to bring discounted or cheaper but quality products closer to the consumers.
It was part of the prelude activities to the weeklong celebration of the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival featuring the 176th Founding Anniversary of the province from May 19 to 24.
The participating business establishments during the Diskwento Caravan were the National Food Authority (NFA) , K- Servico , Pandayan Bookshop and SB Prints, among others.
“ The participants also provided freebies like ½ kilo of rice for every P100.00 worth of purchase from Savemore. Buy 3 for P100.00 from Zenco Footstep and discounts ranging from 20% – 40%,” Diciano, the DTI chief said.
The caravan also featured side events such as Zumba session and free Blood Pressure (BP) reading.
Through the Office of the Provincial Agriculturist(OPAg)Free 40 Langka, Guaple and Cacao seedlings and 250 sets of assorted vegetable seeds were also given to the consumers to promote protection of the environment.
The two (2) day event was spearheaded by DTI Provincial Director Ruben B. Diciano with the assistance of a designated composite team from the Consumer Welfare and Institutional Development (CWID) Division namely Ms. Preciosa A. Maglaya (CWID, Chief), Ms. Rowena F. Mayangat and Mr. Bryan Lorenz L. Sudario.
The Diskwento Caravan is an annual activity of the DTI to provide consumers access to basic and prime commodities, school and office supplies and other locally produced goods at discounted or relatively low prices especially in times of great financial constraints most commonly experienced during enrolment, holiday season and times of natural disasters.#Ben Moses Ebreo/PIA 2-Nueva Vizcaya