- Youth Summit held
- PNP holds health caravan
- Outstanding teachers awarded
- PSWDO gears for 2017 search of model entrep
- Election of young officials conducted
- Student leader training conducted
- Galima leads dental mission
- Another Vizcaya beauty joins national search
- 2 centenarians receive incentives
- Nutrition action plan workshop held
- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
Nueva Vizcaya sellers net over P.1M sales from DTI’s Diskwento Caravan
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – Business establishments who have participated in the Diskwento Caravan of the Department of Trade and Industry(DTI) have generated more than P.1 million in sales.
Ruben Diciano, DTI provincial chief said that records showed P105, 646.00 in total sales from 387 buyers when it conducted the Diskwento Caravan in May 14 to 15 at the people’s Stage within the provincial capitol in Bayombong town.
This was participated by 14 business establishments particularly local retailers, manufacturers and distributors in the province.
With the theme “ Dekalidad at Murang Produkto Handog sa Mamimiling Novo Vizcayano “, the marketing event aims to bring discounted or cheaper but quality products closer to the consumers.
It was part of the prelude activities to the weeklong celebration of the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival featuring the 176th Founding Anniversary of the province from May 19 to 24.
The participating business establishments during the Diskwento Caravan were the National Food Authority (NFA) , K- Servico , Pandayan Bookshop and SB Prints, among others.
“ The participants also provided freebies like ½ kilo of rice for every P100.00 worth of purchase from Savemore. Buy 3 for P100.00 from Zenco Footstep and discounts ranging from 20% – 40%,” Diciano, the DTI chief said.
The caravan also featured side events such as Zumba session and free Blood Pressure (BP) reading.
Through the Office of the Provincial Agriculturist(OPAg)Free 40 Langka, Guaple and Cacao seedlings and 250 sets of assorted vegetable seeds were also given to the consumers to promote protection of the environment.
The two (2) day event was spearheaded by DTI Provincial Director Ruben B. Diciano with the assistance of a designated composite team from the Consumer Welfare and Institutional Development (CWID) Division namely Ms. Preciosa A. Maglaya (CWID, Chief), Ms. Rowena F. Mayangat and Mr. Bryan Lorenz L. Sudario.
The Diskwento Caravan is an annual activity of the DTI to provide consumers access to basic and prime commodities, school and office supplies and other locally produced goods at discounted or relatively low prices especially in times of great financial constraints most commonly experienced during enrolment, holiday season and times of natural disasters.#Ben Moses Ebreo/PIA 2-Nueva Vizcaya