- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
DTI gives 2 weighing machines to Solano town
SOLANO, Nueva Vizcaya (PIA) – The Department of Trade and Industry(DTI) recently handed to the local government unit here two units of weighing machines to ensure the compliance of the business sector on fair trade laws.
The two units of Timbangan ng Bayan which were given by the Department of Trade and Industry9DTI) were placed inside the public market to assist consumers in chacking the right and proper weight of their purchased products.
The provision of the Timbangan ng Bayan was made in partnership with the LGU through mayor Philip Dacayo, members of the Sangguniang Bayan and DTI Provincial Chief Ruben Diciano.
“Timbangan ng Bayan is being given by the DTI to promote consumer welfare and healthy business environment and we are encouraging our consumers to use them,” Diciano said.
The 15 kilogram – capacity mechanical hanging scales housed in a painted, rust proof cabinet type steel housing can be used by the consumers in checking the right weight of their purchased products.
Consumer Act protects the rights of consumers for properly weighed and quality standard products from business establishments.# Ben Moses Ebreo/PIA 2-Nueva Vizcaya