- PLGU prepares for IP month
- Infra and Tourism activities suspended
- Army-NPA clash leaves four dead
- SC closes EO 03 petition
- Vizcayano bags bronze in SEA games
- SN Aboitiz aides Nutrition Scholars
- Awarding of Municipal Development Assistance Fund
- CMP opens another project
- Awarding of cash incentive to CJ Gasmin, Taekwondo Gold Medalist in S. Korea
- Vizcayano bags gold in South Korea
- 2017 SGLG National Cross Posting Validation
- Ammungan Ti Barangay ken Probinsya
- NV goes to Alabang
- Tourism Week activities slated
- NV agencies alerted on bird flu
- PIHO and PNC plans for 2018
- Vizcaya rally’s help for Marawi war victims
- Forum on extractive transparency held
- Provincial ManCom meeting identifies concerns
- Miss Nueva Vizcaya wins Miss Tourism Universe
10th Ammungan Dog Show Held
A total of 87 dogs conquered the runway during a dog show which was part of the 176th Founding Anniversary of the province or the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival held last May 17 at the People’s Stage.
Compared to last year’s data, which consisted of only 58 contenders from the different towns, there is at least 35 percent increase in the number of participants.
This year’s celebration also marks the 10th year anniversary of the dog show during the said festival.
For the native “Asong Pinoy” category, best in superhero attire, a dog named Marimar owned by Menalyn Doles won first place which also won the same place during last year’s show on the same category. Another dog name Queenie also owned by Doles won second place and a dog name Bugoy owned by Roberto Pascual won third place, which was also last year’s 7th place in the same category.
In the purebreed/crossbreed category, best in superhero attire, a pomeranian-spitz named Sushe owned by Jesie Uy won first place and a chiuahua named Peaches owned by Samantha Dungo won second place and another chiuahua named Asher owned by Jessrell Macasu won third place.
For the “Aso ko, Kapaorma ko” which is an open category, a pomeranian named Ikay owned by Mark Abalus won first place, a chiuahua named Peaches owned by Samantha Dungo got the second place and a golden retriever named Musashi owned by Jayson Sulio won third place, which also won sixth place in the pure breed/crossbreed category last year.
There were also special awards such as oldest and youngest contender won by an eight year old shitzu named Skylark owned by Sylvia Portanuba and a 4 month old native Aspin named Porsche owned by Christian Carbonel, respectively. Macho dog was also won by Musashi owned by Sulio, cutest pup was also won by Peaches owned by Dungo, and most talented was won by Marigold owned by Mark Danao who also placed tenth in the pure breed/crossbreed category last yearand the rarest breed was won by a beagle named B ennie owned by Monette Fregillano.
All participants were also given gift pack consisting dog food, soap and vitamins. While winners received also a trophy, cash and a gift pack. # krizel