- Medical mission takes recess in Castañeda
- Province prepares for 3rd year CROWN evaluation
- DepEd prepares for CAVRAA 2018
- PHRMO gives new office guidelines and policies
- Dialogue regarding the Sand and Gravel Regulations of the province
- NV Police reports to CMP
- PCAO reports on 2017 accomplishments
- BIR demands back taxes from PLGU employees
- Lions Club makes public apology over eye exam confusion
- PLGU hosts dinner/socials to visiting doctors and others
- “Lions” of Vizcaya receive recognition
- Wild food plants for wildlife
- SN Aboitiz to aid province more this 2018
- CMP, NIA sign MOA with Irrigators
- Abot-Palad and BNS receive aid from SN Aboitiz
- Medical mission scheduled on first quarter 2018
- Fire cracker injuries for 2018 decreased
- DFA now offers 10 year valid passports
- Governor signs E.O. on learning and dev’t policies
- “Paskua ditoy Nueva Vizcaya” activities
Sec. Alcala to inaugurate agricultural projects for Nueva Vizcaya farmers
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, PIA – Ten projects funded by the Department of Agriculture(DA) are set to be inaugurated by secretary Proceso Alcala in the province this week.
Alcala will personally lead the inauguration of infrastructure support projects for the Nueva Vizcaya Agricultural Terminal(NVAT) in barangay Almaguer North in Bambang town, the Organic Farmers Trading Center at the Nueva Vizcaya Experimental Station(NVES) in barangay Baretbet in Bagabag town, the opening of the agri-trade fair of the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival and as guest speaker of the DA’s regional conference in Solano town.
Gilbert Cumila, general manager of the NVAT said Alcala will formally open 8 out of the 9 infrastructure project funded by the DA with P35 million.
These are the completed concreting of the more than 1,000 meter road in the NVAT compound with funding counterpart from the provincial government, windmill to generate water and buildings for the cut flower industry, organic food and vegetables, wet market, animal auction center, storage, product washing and sorting and the fruit and vegetable farmers’ auction center.
The organic food and vegetable center, Cumila said will be used by the members of the Vizcaya Fresh farmers who produce organic foods while the cut flower industry center will be used by cutflower farmers in Kayapa town, touted as the cutflower capital in Cagayan Valley.
“With these developments, we are inviting our farmers to come and avail our services and facilities with only minimal fees. We are very thankful to our local officials and the DA for these projects,” Cumila said.
He added that additional spaces for farmers selling retail products will also be available. #BenMosesEbreo/PIA