- Philippine Red Cross NV Chapter: Million Volunteer Run 4
- SP to look solutions on traffic problem
- PopCom R02 conducts family planning caravan in Aritao
- CMP signs MOA for better hospital services
- Biyahe ni Drew: Heroes of Nueva Vizcaya
- P30 million worth evacuation center to rise in NV
- 27 Aritaoenos receive recognition
- CMG projects on 50 percent completion status
- BM Salas requests meeting with DPWH and NUVELCO
- PLGU scholarship opens for Vizcayanos
- KMKNVI prepares for NDPR Week
- PLGU conducts 1st provincial Women’s Congress
- Nutrition Council promotes healthy diet
- Meet Saniata 2017 1st Runner Up
- Population Office holds Complan workshop
- SP proposes provincial evacuation center
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to various barangays
- Gov. Padilla awards P1.5 M to Mayor Dacayo of Solano for development projects
- 20th anniversary celebration of the reforestation project in Kirang, Aritao
- CDWs receive additional incentive from PLGU
Sec. Alcala to inaugurate agricultural projects for Nueva Vizcaya farmers
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, PIA – Ten projects funded by the Department of Agriculture(DA) are set to be inaugurated by secretary Proceso Alcala in the province this week.
Alcala will personally lead the inauguration of infrastructure support projects for the Nueva Vizcaya Agricultural Terminal(NVAT) in barangay Almaguer North in Bambang town, the Organic Farmers Trading Center at the Nueva Vizcaya Experimental Station(NVES) in barangay Baretbet in Bagabag town, the opening of the agri-trade fair of the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival and as guest speaker of the DA’s regional conference in Solano town.
Gilbert Cumila, general manager of the NVAT said Alcala will formally open 8 out of the 9 infrastructure project funded by the DA with P35 million.
These are the completed concreting of the more than 1,000 meter road in the NVAT compound with funding counterpart from the provincial government, windmill to generate water and buildings for the cut flower industry, organic food and vegetables, wet market, animal auction center, storage, product washing and sorting and the fruit and vegetable farmers’ auction center.
The organic food and vegetable center, Cumila said will be used by the members of the Vizcaya Fresh farmers who produce organic foods while the cut flower industry center will be used by cutflower farmers in Kayapa town, touted as the cutflower capital in Cagayan Valley.
“With these developments, we are inviting our farmers to come and avail our services and facilities with only minimal fees. We are very thankful to our local officials and the DA for these projects,” Cumila said.
He added that additional spaces for farmers selling retail products will also be available. #BenMosesEbreo/PIA