- SP added vaping to no-smoking ordinance of Nueva Vizcaya
- BNS produce nutri-chips
- Regional nutrition team visits province
- PWD opens bakery
- PLGU, SN Aboitiz gives check to Abot-Palad
- Road safety summit proposed
- NV to receive P2.3M tobacco tax share
- Multi-purpose building to rise in Solano school
- Provincial Administrator’s Office declares winners of “Throwback” photo contest
- PIHO conducts TB caravan
- TESDA-NV conducts a 2-day enrollment and jobs bridging
- Province gets 1.5B budget for 2018
- Former senator Lina speaks during federalism workshop
- RDO Balangatan informs Nueva Vizcaya about the new taxation status
- Vice Governor Galima on Federalism “let us arouse the consciousness of the people”
- “No to Regional State” Governor Padilla said
- Novo Vizcayanos to block Oceana’s renewal
- PLGU awards 100k each to 2 NV centenarians
- 2019 Provincial Plan for Children nears completion
- Provincial Tourism Council (PTC) 1st quarterly meeting for 2018
Sec. Alcala to inaugurate agricultural projects for Nueva Vizcaya farmers
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, PIA – Ten projects funded by the Department of Agriculture(DA) are set to be inaugurated by secretary Proceso Alcala in the province this week.
Alcala will personally lead the inauguration of infrastructure support projects for the Nueva Vizcaya Agricultural Terminal(NVAT) in barangay Almaguer North in Bambang town, the Organic Farmers Trading Center at the Nueva Vizcaya Experimental Station(NVES) in barangay Baretbet in Bagabag town, the opening of the agri-trade fair of the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival and as guest speaker of the DA’s regional conference in Solano town.
Gilbert Cumila, general manager of the NVAT said Alcala will formally open 8 out of the 9 infrastructure project funded by the DA with P35 million.
These are the completed concreting of the more than 1,000 meter road in the NVAT compound with funding counterpart from the provincial government, windmill to generate water and buildings for the cut flower industry, organic food and vegetables, wet market, animal auction center, storage, product washing and sorting and the fruit and vegetable farmers’ auction center.
The organic food and vegetable center, Cumila said will be used by the members of the Vizcaya Fresh farmers who produce organic foods while the cut flower industry center will be used by cutflower farmers in Kayapa town, touted as the cutflower capital in Cagayan Valley.
“With these developments, we are inviting our farmers to come and avail our services and facilities with only minimal fees. We are very thankful to our local officials and the DA for these projects,” Cumila said.
He added that additional spaces for farmers selling retail products will also be available. #BenMosesEbreo/PIA