- Baña made it to the Voice
- GAF 2017 | 2-day PRC mobile licensing service
- PNP-RD Robert Guzman Quenery paid a visit at the Office of Gov. Padilla
- Clark-Bagabag-Clark inaugural flight at the Bagabag airport
- PSWDO heads Search for Outstanding elders
- 15 acts qualify for NVGT finals
- The Search for Bayabay and Saniata 2017
- NV, Outstanding Province in the country in the 2016 Search for the Rice Achievers Award (RAA)
- 2017 Grand Ammungan Festival schedule released
- In El Salvador, a moment more precious than gold
- Ex-beauty queen to charge Vizcaya cops for father’s ‘suicide’
- NNC Region visits province
- DICT to provide province with free Wi-Fi
- NVPH to remit collected OJT fees
- NUEVA VIZCAYA: Progressive without Mining
- Gov. Padilla spearheaded a meeting purposely to resolve the recent traffic problems in Nueva Vizcaya
- Networking brings in more funds for infra projects
- Solution to Holy Week traffic sought
- 4 more centenarians receive incentives
- Vizcaya’s cadet is PMA’s number 6
Sec. Alcala to inaugurate agricultural projects for Nueva Vizcaya farmers
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, PIA – Ten projects funded by the Department of Agriculture(DA) are set to be inaugurated by secretary Proceso Alcala in the province this week.
Alcala will personally lead the inauguration of infrastructure support projects for the Nueva Vizcaya Agricultural Terminal(NVAT) in barangay Almaguer North in Bambang town, the Organic Farmers Trading Center at the Nueva Vizcaya Experimental Station(NVES) in barangay Baretbet in Bagabag town, the opening of the agri-trade fair of the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival and as guest speaker of the DA’s regional conference in Solano town.
Gilbert Cumila, general manager of the NVAT said Alcala will formally open 8 out of the 9 infrastructure project funded by the DA with P35 million.
These are the completed concreting of the more than 1,000 meter road in the NVAT compound with funding counterpart from the provincial government, windmill to generate water and buildings for the cut flower industry, organic food and vegetables, wet market, animal auction center, storage, product washing and sorting and the fruit and vegetable farmers’ auction center.
The organic food and vegetable center, Cumila said will be used by the members of the Vizcaya Fresh farmers who produce organic foods while the cut flower industry center will be used by cutflower farmers in Kayapa town, touted as the cutflower capital in Cagayan Valley.
“With these developments, we are inviting our farmers to come and avail our services and facilities with only minimal fees. We are very thankful to our local officials and the DA for these projects,” Cumila said.
He added that additional spaces for farmers selling retail products will also be available. #BenMosesEbreo/PIA