- Awarding of Idol kong Entrepreneur and Search fro Most Child-Friendly Barangay
- NV to receive 2nd CROWN
- Building wellness for Novo Vizcayanos
- Lopez post about Nueva Vizcaya is trending
- CMP meets Vizcayano heroes of Marawi
- Nueva Vizcaya, 2017 National Quality Corn Achiever Awardee (Hall of Famer)
- Road for agricultural development
- JE cases noted in the province
- PWD receives aid from DOLE
- Padillas push cultural preservation
- Provincial Agri-Fishery Day 2017
- NVSU Professor receives Presidential Award
- Another Vizcayano bags gold in Luzon Games
- PLGU zumba celebrates 3rd year
- Women’s club celebrates achievement day
- Nueva Vizcaya Zumba 3rd Anniversary
- Awarding of financial and material assistance to barangays
- PopCom R02 announces 2017 AHD film fest winners
- Vizcayano PWD wins in ASEAN games
- Vizcaya professor gets highest literature award
Sec. Alcala to inaugurate agricultural projects for Nueva Vizcaya farmers
BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya, PIA – Ten projects funded by the Department of Agriculture(DA) are set to be inaugurated by secretary Proceso Alcala in the province this week.
Alcala will personally lead the inauguration of infrastructure support projects for the Nueva Vizcaya Agricultural Terminal(NVAT) in barangay Almaguer North in Bambang town, the Organic Farmers Trading Center at the Nueva Vizcaya Experimental Station(NVES) in barangay Baretbet in Bagabag town, the opening of the agri-trade fair of the 7th Grand Ammungan Festival and as guest speaker of the DA’s regional conference in Solano town.
Gilbert Cumila, general manager of the NVAT said Alcala will formally open 8 out of the 9 infrastructure project funded by the DA with P35 million.
These are the completed concreting of the more than 1,000 meter road in the NVAT compound with funding counterpart from the provincial government, windmill to generate water and buildings for the cut flower industry, organic food and vegetables, wet market, animal auction center, storage, product washing and sorting and the fruit and vegetable farmers’ auction center.
The organic food and vegetable center, Cumila said will be used by the members of the Vizcaya Fresh farmers who produce organic foods while the cut flower industry center will be used by cutflower farmers in Kayapa town, touted as the cutflower capital in Cagayan Valley.
“With these developments, we are inviting our farmers to come and avail our services and facilities with only minimal fees. We are very thankful to our local officials and the DA for these projects,” Cumila said.
He added that additional spaces for farmers selling retail products will also be available. #BenMosesEbreo/PIA